Seedy toe

trefilan

Visit site
my little one has seedy toe at the moment and i just wandered how other people have treated it?
at the moment im hosing it off every night, drying it then spraying iodine into the rather large hole that has formed!!
how long did it take for the foot to get back to normal for everyone else?

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
on top of the iodine you could use salt water foot baths, tea tree and/or eucalyptus on the area
it can take a while to get better, depends on the severity really as to the recovery

Ani

Visit site
I had a mare who had to have 1/3 of her hoof pared away because of seedy toe ( i bought her with it), it took 18 month to get rid of it. i tried all of the above, no joy. i also tried purple spray, many anti fungal & anti bacterial preparations, bleach, the list goes on, but the one thing that worked was turps! sounds hiddeous i know, but id tried everything and an 80 year old irish farmer suggested turps. you need to make sure the farrier pares away all the required area, if he doesn't the bacteria will thrive as it will be in a warm moist enviroment, then i suringed turps up the gap in the white line and packed the gap with turps soaked cotton wool. it really did work.

Erray

www.mullponytrekking.co.uk
My horse has it and I thought I was controlling it with hydrogen peroxide but last time farrier came he dug a big chunk away so it can't have been working. Someone told me osmonds bactakill 55 worked so have started using that, might have to try turps too.

Emma27

Visit site
My TB had it once before, Farrier pared away the affected area and told me to spray it with Bactakil 55 (osmonds) so i did that, then i waited till it dried and then turned him back out again. I got the farrier to have a look at his feet again when he came to do another horse on the yard and he said it had gone and his feet were fine. So for me Bactakil is an essential in the first aid kit (good for thrush too!).