Seeing as a lack of reports, here is a different report to enjoy - plus video

Pidgeon

Visit site
Annual Christmas fun show for our local riding club, where there was fancy dress, drill rides over fences and then a team gymkhana.
Please excuse the lack of fancy dress as I only got roped in late Friday night and it was on the Saturday morning!
If you don't want to watch the whole video from the gymkhana games then have a laugh at my lack of control in the egg and spoon race at 3mins. The bit though I'm really chuffed with, and if anyone says I'm competitive well :eek: as if :rolleyes::p is the last race where you had to go round the poles as fast as possible starting with the first one, then second etc.
I like to think that all our dressage training has paid off as 17hh of ginger beastie is pretty flexible round the poles for such a big boy don't you think? Go to 9mins and watch him make up a pole behind from the other teams.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnkmXO1BdKI&feature=share
Won a selection box of chocolates and as our team only had 3 members we gave the fourth box to the lead rein girl on the other team.
Hope you enjoy a different sort of comp report to lighten up the evening :D

humblepie

Visit site
Watched the bending race - cool and good on you for doing something different. We used to have a little show at the yard I kept my horse at and I can remember doing the ride and run with my fairly decent affiliated show jumper ..... my mother said how nice it was I let a child win ----no I was trying to win, child could just run faster!

Will watch more of it later when I have rescued dinner from burning.

Pidgeon

Visit site
He enjoys it though he was pretty miffed we had to trot the bending race as he normally canters them, had problems going up convincing him to trot otherwise we would have had to turn a circle.
I personally think it does them good to let their hair down and have some fun, he's only done gymkhana games about 5 times over the years but doesn't half remember what he's supposed to do!
LOL at your ride run ride that would have been my attitude too I'm afraid :D