Seeing signs after losing a horse?

Visit site
Tonight, I noticed this drawing of two doves in my car window - drawn on the INSIDE and my car hasn’t been anywhere today. Doves symbolise peace and I can only think this is a sign from Pixie to let me know she is at peace. I didn’t know if I believed in this sort of thing before but I certainly do now..!

Anybody else experienced things like this before?

Attachments

• ADF8B2C7-4D9C-43FC-8EB5-4886C3D054BA.jpeg
    ADF8B2C7-4D9C-43FC-8EB5-4886C3D054BA.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

scats

Visit site
Strangely, the night I lost Jack, a particular 90s song came on the radio that is rarely played (Always- Bon Jovi) It was on the radio on the drive home after putting him down.
When I went to get my ‘Jack’ tattoo, I pulled up outside the tattoo parlour and the same song came on. I did have a little smile about it.

It’s been ten years now, but it’s still a song I very rarely hear on the regular radio.

Laurac13

Visit site
those doves are lovely and yes I think pixie is telling you she’s at peace x
A little bit of a different scenario here…..
I lost my first horse Sam who was my heart horse in 2005my heart was utterly truly broken. had a couple of horses in between then bought 3 yr old Merlin in 2014 both IDx greys.
I had had Merlin for a few months and one evening whilst I was watching him chill in his stable I had the most overwhelming feeling that Sam was there to the point tears started running down my face. I came home and looked at both merlins and Sam’s passports to see if there was any connections in their breeding their wasn’t at all but every single one of their whorl markings was in the exact same place.
I lost Sam after he had an unsuccessful colic operation on 5th March 2005, Merlin has had colic once since I’ve owned him for 7 years and yes he came down with it on 5th March too.
I sometimes find myself calling Merlin ‘Sam’ every now and again.
Now I’m not sure I believe Sam has come back to me as Merlin but I do think sam is in merlins soul somewhere and watching over us ?

easteregg

Visit site
I lost my first horse very suddenly about 8 years ago and was devastated. About six months earlier, her headcollar went missing on the yard - didn't think much of it and bought a new one. A couple of weeks after her death, I was turning out my two ponies very early in the morning when it was still dark. I was feeling pretty sad and miserable. Something caught my eye on a fencepost on the drive whilst walking to the field, a route that I do several times every day without exception. Went to have a look, thought "Oh, someone on the yard has left their headcollar" and then realised it was Ella's lost headcollar. There was probably a very logical explanation but I found it rather comforting and still like to think that it was a sign. Also, my current horse's registered name is Ellison - I only discovered that when the breeder got his passport out for me to look at after I'd viewed and stated that I would like to purchase him. He wasn't the one that I originally had in mind that I was going to buy. With no knowledge of my previous horse or her name, she explained that his name was derived from him being "Ellie's son" - odd coincidence as Ella was actually called Ellie on her passport!

Birker2020

Visit site
Tonight, I noticed this drawing of two doves in my car window - drawn on the INSIDE and my car hasn’t been anywhere today. Doves symbolise peace and I can only think this is a sign from Pixie to let me know she is at peace. I didn’t know if I believed in this sort of thing before but I certainly do now..!

Anybody else experienced things like this before?
Yes on my Bailey's last day we turned her loose in the paddock after we'd taken down the strip grazing. After an hour around 9.50am with the vet due at 10am we took her out of the paddock and stood down the track. It was a boiling hot morning and my partner stood with her by the water trough and turned the tap on and she drank out of his hands. I filmed this last video, which is so special to us both. Then a friend who wondered past took five or six photos of us stood at the water trough. Literally 20 mins later she was given her angel wings.

One day about a month after I visited the yard (my visits were very sporadic due to the huge emotional pain they caused me every time I left the yard to drive home - on one occasion I had to pull over as my tears blinded me). My friend had asked me to go up with her and another friend up the track to turn out their horses. I didn't want to walk past Bails empty paddock but I did and started crying. When I came down the track with the two friends, one said "oh look *** is in your paddock" (another liveries horse). That set me off even more. So when we came down the track and rounded the corner by the water trough in the photo below, I was very upset. And then I saw it........... on the top rail of the water trough sat the most beautiful white dove. I know it was a sign, I just know it was.

1634818630790.png

Fransurrey

Visit site
Not horse, but a work colleague. We weren't particularly close, but he was an amazing person and so well loved. He had to leave due to terminal cancer and on the day he passed away a mutual friend called me. I was a tearful mess, but through the tears a beautiful red admiral butterfly landed on a post. I think of him every time I see one.

teddy_

Visit site
A horse I had purchased unseen 10 days prior arrived on the same day I lost my boy of seven years to a field injury.

There was also the brightest single star I have ever seen in the sky that night.

I imagine many who lost that day saw the same star but, I don't know. It felt and looked special. Stars are just energy, after all.

Birker2020

Visit site
I lost my first horse very suddenly about 8 years ago and was devastated. About six months earlier, her headcollar went missing on the yard - didn't think much of it and bought a new one. A couple of weeks after her death, I was turning out my two ponies very early in the morning when it was still dark. I was feeling pretty sad and miserable. Something caught my eye on a fencepost on the drive whilst walking to the field, a route that I do several times every day without exception. Went to have a look, thought "Oh, someone on the yard has left their headcollar" and then realised it was Ella's lost headcollar. There was probably a very logical explanation but I found it rather comforting and still like to think that it was a sign. Also, my current horse's registered name is Ellison - I only discovered that when the breeder got his passport out for me to look at after I'd viewed and stated that I would like to purchase him. He wasn't the one that I originally had in mind that I was going to buy. With no knowledge of my previous horse or her name, she explained that his name was derived from him being "Ellie's son" - odd coincidence as Ella was actually called Ellie on her passport!
Wow that is spooky. How lovely, that must feel amazing. x

Easteregg -My current horse is very similar in looks to my last one (but honestly not the reason I bought him). But I must have been in denial when people said he looks very similar to Bailey, but it wasn't until he had Bails rug on and was in Bails stable with his head over her door that I realised the similarity. And not only that but when I walked him around the yard on his first hour he arrived on the yard, we walked past the track where Baileys paddock was and he pulled to go up there, yet he'd not pulled going past the other turnoffs to paddocks and fields.

He also snorted when I turned him out in exactly the same way as Bailey did and I've noticed other similarites to. I did tell Bails to make sure she came back in some way with my next horse. I know all horses have their own individual personalities and I wouldn't dream of pretending he is Bailey, but it would be nice to think that Ella and Bailey live on in our new ones Easteregg, a bit like that film "A Dogs Purpose" but for horses instead. And maybe they do......who knows.

Last edited:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
A week to the day after I had to pts my 11 yr old IDx mare, 3 people (sister, friend who had ridden IDx and I) were working with another horse in the field, when we all smelled lavender. So far as I know there was no lavender growing anywhere near, the field is surrounded by other fields, rather than gardens. We all noticed it, it had never happened before and hasn't happened since. The mare had enjoyed grabbing a mouthful or two from the hanging basket outside her stable, which, that year, happened to have mauve flowers. Her bucket and legwraps etc were all purple but that was definitely our choice, rather than hers. One of the oddest things ever.

lynz88

Visit site
those doves are lovely and yes I think pixie is telling you she’s at peace x
A little bit of a different scenario here…..
I lost my first horse Sam who was my heart horse in 2005my heart was utterly truly broken. had a couple of horses in between then bought 3 yr old Merlin in 2014 both IDx greys.
I had had Merlin for a few months and one evening whilst I was watching him chill in his stable I had the most overwhelming feeling that Sam was there to the point tears started running down my face. I came home and looked at both merlins and Sam’s passports to see if there was any connections in their breeding their wasn’t at all but every single one of their whorl markings was in the exact same place.
I lost Sam after he had an unsuccessful colic operation on 5th March 2005, Merlin has had colic once since I’ve owned him for 7 years and yes he came down with it on 5th March too.
I sometimes find myself calling Merlin ‘Sam’ every now and again.
Now I’m not sure I believe Sam has come back to me as Merlin but I do think sam is in merlins soul somewhere and watching over us ?

How strange! Actually a lot of these stories are odd indeed. I have lost horses but not my own.....yet. I somehow want something like this to happen when mine goes. There is something heart warming about it.

PurBee

Visit site
Thats amazing you got the photo of the doves SP! How totally unusual!

When i went through a really challenging trying period a few years back, i experienced white doves flying above me. The first time i thought they were racing pigeons …not sure if they ever use white doves?
But then i saw more small flocks of doves, the next day circling above me. Flying really elegantly and almost dancing!
I had changed locations and there were sporadic incidences several times of white doves again circling above me, the most i counted were about 7 of them.
I have a pic on my phone, not on this machine.
I didnt know what to think about it….it brought a sense of peace, like there was something to anchor to that was peaceful at that chaotic time.

It’s hard to know what this stuff means, so its best to consider how it makes you feel, and in that discovery, because its so unusual, we realise its a personal ‘signal’ of comfort for us.

Annagain

Visit site
I'm usually pretty sceptical about these things so I'm pretty sure it was just a coincidence, albeit a lovely one. We had a rota for turning out between three of us. It wasn't my turn to put out but one Friday morning, I decided to call in on the way to work to muck out as I was going out that night so needed to be quick getting the boys in. When I arrived, my friends' cars were both there. One friend had arrived to turn out and found the other friend's horse unusually upset. She turned him out and he settled so she left him but she had the day off and his unusual behaviour was nagging at her so she went back (normally she'd have been in work at this point) after an hour to check on him. It was soon clear he had colic. She phoned his owner and waited for her and vet. His owner got there just before me so we all waited for the vet together.

As we were waiting he deteriorated and this normally super polite, gentle horse got very distressed and quite violent, striking out in front and throwing himself around. We couldn't let go of him as we would have struggled to catch him again for the vet even in his stable. My one friend had not long had ACL surgery and his owner was 5 months pregnant so it was really good luck that I was there to try to deal with him.

Sadly the vet couldn't save him and he had to be PTS. Both the other girls were too upset to be with him and the vet did say she could manage on her own but I asked his owner if she wanted me to stay with him, which she did. I dealt with him a lot, had ridden him a bit and we were good buddies so I was glad he'd have a familiar face with him and his owner also had support.

It was a showery morning but the whole time we had him outside, it was dry. We walked him (sedated) to a quiet spot between two barns and the vet gave him the drugs. As we stood waiting for them to work and I told him how loved he was, a huge beam of sunlight shone directly between the two barns right on us and a big rainbow appeared. 2 minutes later, as the vet confirmed he'd gone, both the rainbow and the sun beam disappeared.

For all three of us to be there at the right time seemed like fate. I'm so glad I was there and while the circumstances of his death were quite traumatic, his actual death was so peaceful and the sun and rainbow seemed so appropriate for him. I'll never forget it.

Visit site
I am loving this thread and reading all your experiences .Here's mine.......
Two days after losing Biglet I was clearing out his stable and was, to be honest, in quite a fragile state when I swear I felt him behind me. He always had no idea of his size and would always be trying to get a cwtch off you if you were in the stable with him. I stood for a while having a good sob and couldn't bear to turn around and not find him lurking behind me. Suddenly there was a gust of wind from behind me that blew the stable door wide open from inside slamming it against the outside wall and then as clear as day I heard two words " Its OK ".
It sounds nuts writing it down but he was a sod for barging out of his stable with some force and to me it felt like he had come for one last cwtch before he barged out for the last time on his new adventure. Its 15 years ago and I miss him every day. How lucky are we all to have these precious horses in our lives. x

Baywonder

Visit site
Not a horse but human story.

A very dear friend and neighbour was terminally ill. I arrived home from the school run one morning to see a stream of sunlight and a rainbow in our street. It looked so beautiful I stopped the car for a minute to take it all in.

As I parked my car and got out, I saw my neighbours daughter coming towards me. She said he had passed away about 10 minutes ago.

We were all sure the rainbow was for him to pass to the other side.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Another really weird occurrence;

Our first horse, a gelding, lived on some farmland with the farmer's daughter's pony. Pony was pts and then our gelding had a field accident and was pts. Sister and I were horseless for a couple of years then when we were looking for somewhere to keep our 2nd horse, a mare, found a new yard, just about 5 mins walk away from the gelding's stable, the fields were even closer than that Mare had been there for about 9 months when we bought a 2nd mare. It must have been about 5 years later during which we acquired 2 more mares, when sister, Dad and I were with a friend's daughter at feeding time one early autumn Child was 'helping', the horses were staying out overnight but we were giving them hay in the field at dusk. Just as we were preparing to leave, we could hear hooves of a trotting horse, we thought it was the WelshxTB mare who could be unpredictable, so sis and I shephereded the 10 yr old girl out of the field. However, when we spoke to Dad about it, he was certain that none of the horses had moved away from the hay. We wondered if the gelding had come to see the girl, who used to 'lead' him from the field to the stable from the age of 2, although why he would have waited all those years to do so, is anybody's guess. The fields had had cows, rather than horses on previously.

Lois Lame

Visit site
There is no horse in my sister's episode but you might like to hear it anyway.

Dad died several years ago, at 9.30 in the morning. My sister and her husband had already organised to do a trip to buy plants for their garden centre, and so they went on the day trip, visiting growers and purchasing this and that, filling up their truck/van. Their heart wasn't really in it as you can imagine. Anyhow, at lunchtime they dropped into some el cheapo place to have some lunch even though they had little appetite.

They were talking a bit to each other across the table, maybe it was before they started eating because my sister's fork was on her left and her knife on her right on the table. She was saying something to her husband, and as she spoke to him, she noticed his eyes looking down to her left, so she looked there too. Her fork was moving. It just moved slowly off the table, towards the edge, and fell into her lap.

She said, "How can that happen?"

"It can't," said her husband.

I suppose they just stared at each other in surprise.

After they had eaten their meal, my sister was wanting to keep her fork. So she put it to the side a bit, away from the other stuff, accidently-on-purpose, and when the waitress came to collect the plates etc, my sister was thrilled when the waitress didn't at first touch the fork. But, curses, the waitress then went around my sister and picked up the fork.

My sister said to the waitress, "Er... I'm rather attached to that fork."

The waitress put the fork back down and said, "I didn't see a thing," and moved away.

My sister has the fork. In fact she showed it to us at dad's funeral.

Dad was a physicist. His great love was magnetism. It is a puzzle to some of us how the heck that fork moved. But some of us, including me, are convinced that dad managed it.

lynz88

Visit site
I am loving this thread and reading all your experiences .Here's mine.......
Two days after losing Biglet I was clearing out his stable and was, to be honest, in quite a fragile state when I swear I felt him behind me. He always had no idea of his size and would always be trying to get a cwtch off you if you were in the stable with him. I stood for a while having a good sob and couldn't bear to turn around and not find him lurking behind me. Suddenly there was a gust of wind from behind me that blew the stable door wide open from inside slamming it against the outside wall and then as clear as day I heard two words " Its OK ".
It sounds nuts writing it down but he was a sod for barging out of his stable with some force and to me it felt like he had come for one last cwtch before he barged out for the last time on his new adventure. Its 15 years ago and I miss him every day. How lucky are we all to have these precious horses in our lives. x

I had a similar experience after a good friend and former colleague passed. It was a few months after his passing but there was a night that I was having an odd dream - I sometimes have dreams about haunted houses (I've lived in some creepy houses and it seems those houses haunt my dreams from time to time) and was having such a dream. I felt a cold draught on my face and thought it was all part of my dream but seemed too "real". I happened to wake up and could feel my friend's presence. It was only for a moment but I knew from then that he was ok at rest and gave me confidence to do something that him and I had talked about the last time I saw him but I hadn't had the strength to go through with something until that moment. Now THAT sounds nutty!!!

lynz88

Visit site
There is no horse in my sister's episode but you might like to hear it anyway.

Dad died several years ago, at 9.30 in the morning. My sister and her husband had already organised to do a trip to buy plants for their garden centre, and so they went on the day trip, visiting growers and purchasing this and that, filling up their truck/van. Their heart wasn't really in it as you can imagine. Anyhow, at lunchtime they dropped into some el cheapo place to have some lunch even though they had little appetite.

They were talking a bit to each other across the table, maybe it was before they started eating because my sister's fork was on her left and her knife on her right on the table. She was saying something to her husband, and as she spoke to him, she noticed his eyes looking down to her left, so she looked there too. Her fork was moving. It just moved slowly off the table, towards the edge, and fell into her lap.

She said, "How can that happen?"

"It can't," said her husband.

I suppose they just stared at each other in surprise.

After they had eaten their meal, my sister was wanting to keep her fork. So she put it to the side a bit, away from the other stuff, accidently-on-purpose, and when the waitress came to collect the plates etc, my sister was thrilled when the waitress didn't at first touch the fork. But, curses, the waitress then went around my sister and picked up the fork.

My sister said to the waitress, "Er... I'm rather attached to that fork."

The waitress put the fork back down and said, "I didn't see a thing," and moved away.

My sister has the fork. In fact she showed it to us at dad's funeral.

Dad was a physicist. His great love was magnetism. It is a puzzle to some of us how the heck that fork moved. But some of us, including me, are convinced that dad managed it.

Also had similar happen when my grandmother passed last year!!! My grandmother passed from a surgery complication last May and I happened to be back in Canada and staying at my mom's at the time. There was one day I was working and had a glass of water by my laptop, just in the corner of my eye. All of a sudden I thought I saw the glass move and I heard a sound as if someone had put a glass down on a countertop. I thought I saw it incorrectly because it was just in the corner of my eye. However, the water in the glass was moving as if someone had put it down. I "knew" immediately it was my grandmother. I was the only one home.

A few months later I came back to the UK and I received a message from my mom saying that she came home from work one day and was looking at her plants in the front bay window because they looked strange. She has 2 large gnomes and some big, heavy plants (the gnomes were my grandfather's who passes nearly 2 years prior to my grandmother). The gnomes had been moved and so had some of her plants. Nobody was home. It happened twice.

My brother also had some strange visits that would freak out the dog, him, and his gf. The same grandfather had always joked with us that when he passed, he would come back to haunt us. He did......a few months after my grandfather had passed, strange things were happening in my brother/his gf's house. Stuff moving, doors opening and slamming shut, etc. Freaked everyone out. So one night my bro decided to talk to the "thing" as if it was my grandfather, letting him know that my brother is happy, he knows its him from joking around when we were little, etc. From then on, everything in the house stopped.

After myself and my mom had experienced our weird encounters, my brother had weird stuff happening again in his house. Doors slamming, stuff moving, etc. Once again, would freak the dog out as well. My brother decided to take a picture of my grandparents from their living room and put it in his bedroom and all of the activity stopped.

OK now I think I truly sound nutty!!

Visit site
Nice to read about everybody else’s experiences. Another one I had years ago, was when I saw a little white dog in the fields at dusk at the yard I was working on at the time. When I next looked, it had disappeared. I went and asked the yard owner if she used to own a little white dog, to which she replied that she did. I said, I have just seen it in the field…

Peglo

Visit site
Between Christmas and new year last year I got off work early and it was a beautiful winters day so decided to get out a walk. It was mid afternoon but being up north it would soon get dark so I put my reflective vest on. (When I was young I always thought I was too cool to wear it but I have grown up since then). I was about half way through my walk when I felt a couple of tugs on the back of my reflector, I thought it odd I hadn’t heard anyone catch up with me but when I turned around there was no one there. I looked around the ground for a dog or something else that might pulled it but nothing. I rubbed my bum to make sure it hadn’t caught on my trackies but they were smooth and didn’t have anything that could’ve caught my reflector.
I messaged a few friends to say ghouls were after me as a joke but I was a bit freaked out.
I got to the main road and met my aunty and when I asked what she had been up to she said she had been to my granny’s grave with flowers as it had been 12 years since she died….

my parents split up when I was little and my granny basically brought me up. She was the most amazing women and my absolute idol and she was the one who let me get my ponies. She would forever pull at me clothes and always got on at me to put my high vis on. I like to think it was her approving of my high vis.

Shoei

Visit site
When I lost my old mare a few years ago, i sat with her in the field in the hail until the vet came. She just couldn't get up and I found it very distressing. That night when I was doing night checks, I saw a shooting star fall where she died!

My Grandad was my idol, not long after he died, a coin appeared on the ironing board that was left up, date stamped 1939, but neither me nor my husband had any clue where it had come from and no one else has access to our house. My granddads year of birth was 1939!

I definitely believe in signs

Reacher

Visit site
When I had my childhood pony I sometimes used to notice a sweet smell which I associated with her. (Not the smell you get if you shove your nose right up to them, just a smell on the breeze when standing close by).

She is buried at my current house. I still sometimes notice that same smell. (Of course it might be anything!)

eahotson

Visit site
I'm usually pretty sceptical about these things so I'm pretty sure it was just a coincidence, albeit a lovely one. We had a rota for turning out between three of us. It wasn't my turn to put out but one Friday morning, I decided to call in on the way to work to muck out as I was going out that night so needed to be quick getting the boys in. When I arrived, my friends' cars were both there. One friend had arrived to turn out and found the other friend's horse unusually upset. She turned him out and he settled so she left him but she had the day off and his unusual behaviour was nagging at her so she went back (normally she'd have been in work at this point) after an hour to check on him. It was soon clear he had colic. She phoned his owner and waited for her and vet. His owner got there just before me so we all waited for the vet together.

As we were waiting he deteriorated and this normally super polite, gentle horse got very distressed and quite violent, striking out in front and throwing himself around. We couldn't let go of him as we would have struggled to catch him again for the vet even in his stable. My one friend had not long had ACL surgery and his owner was 5 months pregnant so it was really good luck that I was there to try to deal with him.

Sadly the vet couldn't save him and he had to be PTS. Both the other girls were too upset to be with him and the vet did say she could manage on her own but I asked his owner if she wanted me to stay with him, which she did. I dealt with him a lot, had ridden him a bit and we were good buddies so I was glad he'd have a familiar face with him and his owner also had support.

It was a showery morning but the whole time we had him outside, it was dry. We walked him (sedated) to a quiet spot between two barns and the vet gave him the drugs. As we stood waiting for them to work and I told him how loved he was, a huge beam of sunlight shone directly between the two barns right on us and a big rainbow appeared. 2 minutes later, as the vet confirmed he'd gone, both the rainbow and the sun beam disappeared.

For all three of us to be there at the right time seemed like fate. I'm so glad I was there and while the circumstances of his death were quite traumatic, his actual death was so peaceful and the sun and rainbow seemed so appropriate for him. I'll never forget it.
I think it's dusty round here.I seem to have something in my eyes.