Seeking Livery Vacancy as close to Greenwich as possible - kent

Yvonne1983

New User
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone recommend / provide contact details of nice / friendly livery yards as close to Greenwich as possible (i.e 30 mins away) in the Kent areas of Bexley, Dartford, Sevenoaks etc??

I am relocating to Greenwich in the next 6-8 weeks and need to find somewhere suitable as soon as possible for my 15.1 gelding. I am looking for somewhere with good turnout, a use of a school, good (preferably mainly off road hacking) and the option of part / full livery.

Karran

Visit site
You might struggle in Bexley, I go there for Greenwich and most of the yards either have limited turn out or interesting hacking.
Going further out but still within 30 minutes-ish are places like Capricorn Farm, Bromley Common, Eaglesfield, Chelsfield, Speedgate (Fawkenham) and Park Farm in Otford.
I also came across a place called Timbertops on a drive the other day so it might be worth enquiring there?

Joeyjojo

Visit site
I live in Greenwich and keep a horse in Kent and it's not easy to find good yards. What time will you be travelling out to see your horse? I know the traffic in the area very well and generally the A2 is the quickest/easiest way to get out to a yard.

Personally I'd avoid anywhere that means you need to get on the M25 (always a nightmare traffic wise around the dartford crossing) and the A20 can also be really slow because of the traffic lights.

I drive about 40 mins to get to my horse as for me turn out was an absolute necessity. Pretty much everything in Bexley is restricted severely through the winter. I'd have a look at some places around dartford/gravesend. It looks like it's miles away, but as the A2 is quick you get out that far within 25/30 mins.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat life in Greenwich with ponies :)