Seen it all now!

rascal

Visit site
Gypsy cob in a cart just went past, fair enough, no problem with that. It was the two teenage yobs being towed by it and riding scooters! I suppose when one or all of the little brats get killed on the main road, the pony will get the blame.

pennyturner

Visit site
Given that the max speed of a trotting pony is about 12mph, I think this sounds much safer than hanging off the back of passing cars on our roller boots, which is what all the kids got up to when I was a teenager, and no worse than riding a bike on the road.

Plus, what a great way to desensitise a driving pony to noise! (maybe that was the plan?!)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Given that the max speed of a trotting pony is about 12mph, I think this sounds much safer than hanging off the back of passing cars on our roller boots, which is what all the kids got up to when I was a teenager, and no worse than riding a bike on the road.

Plus, what a great way to desensitise a driving pony to noise! (maybe that was the plan?!)

Well, exactly.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Mm, I was behind a cart last week and noticed a few little dogs tied underneath the cart to the front axle. Happily enough trotting along the road but imagine if for some reason something went wrong, they would have just been dragged along by their neck. That made me shudder a bit.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
You deciphered that they're brats and yobs that quickly? Impressive!

Well judging on the majority of the ethnic minority of the mobile kind, I would hardly class them as middle class humans who care for their animals. Not to mention the dangers that could be caused if the horse bolts or spooks and one of them ends up causing an accident to themselves or innocent by stander, it is not normal behaviour.

Not to mention any innocent horse rider who meets them out and about, the mind never is amazed at what these humans will do for kicks or their amusement, at the cost of an animals life.

Last edited:

Seville

Visit site
Well judging on the majority of the ethnic minority of the mobile kind, I would hardly class them as middle class humans who care for their animals. Not to mention the dangers that could be caused if the horse bolts or spooks and one of them ends up causing an accident to themselves or innocent by stander, it is not normal behaviour.

Not to mention any innocent horse rider who meets them out and about, the mind never is amazed at what these humans will do for kicks or their amusement, at the cost of an animals life.

Brilliantly put! Totally agree.

FfionWinnie

Visit site

You never fail to amaze me.

rascal

Visit site
You deciphered that they're brats and yobs that quickly? Impressive!

This is the same pony that was tethered on our neighbours garden while ago and belongs to one of their mates, anything to do with that lot probably involves drugs, as they sit on the lawn quite openly smoking cannabis, we can smell it. In fact the neighbour the other side complained to the council about the smell, so yes i do judge as they are well known in this area. These are the same neighbours who have 4 dogs, that are regularly running around loose, by the same main road. We have often had to stop quickly to avoid hitting the dogs. We have complained to the council about the dogs running loose, but nothing is done.

Evie91

Visit site
Don’t usually reply to threads like this but wow, just wow! Please refrain from making racist slurs on a public forum. There is good and bad in all walks of life!
Just to be clear middle class folk can also abuse animals too and in my experience people from all kinds of backgrounds can successfully care for animals!

rascal

Visit site

There are a lot of people who ride in this area, and quite a few places to keep horses, they often go past our house, and on to the field where we walk our dogs. There used to be horses tethered on every bit of grass, but there are only one or two now, one being the cob they were driving yesterday.
Our own horses are a few miles away, one of the nearby housing estates has lots of travellers living there (that is why there were lots of tethered horses) we thought the further away the better.

Leo Walker

Visit site
You never fail to amaze me.

Really? Its exactly what I expect from her!

I have a gypsy cob and drive him. I wouldnt have any issue letting kids do that, in fact I was reading it thinking that it sounded like awesome fun! I am eagerly awaiting some snow so I can do the same with a sledge :biggrin3:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
In all fairness the original post isn't being racist or slagging off travellers.
It mentions gypsey cob, well anyone can own one of those.
The fact the kids are referred to as teenage yobs and brats? Well also nothing racist really. Agest? Maybe but not really racist and racism, proper racism bothers me. A lot. I'm not offended by this post though and I think if any of us saw this scene we might actually feel a bit sorry for the pony involved and a bit of annoyance at the kids involved? I know I would.

cobsarefab

Visit site
It seems that the OP assumes a few things that she really just can't having only seen this and not having talked to the "yobs" firstly you've assumed these teens are brats and yobs purely based on their age, and I think I can safely say their are a great many of us who are not. Secondly they're doing some harm to the pony by having it tow them on scooters. I don't see how this can harm the pony? The only people they can hurt is themselves. That is their decision.

Goldenstar

Visit site
In all fairness the original post isn't being racist or slagging off travellers.
It mentions gypsey cob, well anyone can own one of those.
The fact the kids are referred to as teenage yobs and brats? Well also nothing racist really. Agest? Maybe but not really racist and racism, proper racism bothers me. A lot. I'm not offended by this post though and I think if any of us saw this scene we might actually feel a bit sorry for the pony involved and a bit of annoyance at the kids involved? I know I would.

Why would you feel sorry for the pony towing two kids on wheels behind a cart on the road is not hard work .
It's not safe for the kids but it ain't going to damage the pony .

poiuytrewq

Visit site
No it's not, I just think if I saw this my automatic response would be " poor pony"
Would you let anyone use your horse in this way? I wouldn't, maybe I'm a bit soft?!

rascal

Visit site
:rolleyes3:

Are you really saying they are bad people because they smoke pot?

No i am saying they are bad people because ourselves and the rest of the neighbours have had to listen to very loud music, drunken parties, 4 dogs barking (until the council stopped it the dogs were often in their back garden barking until 1 AM) they have made a lot of noise, and are rude and aggressive, the woman threatened my youngest, because they wanted a fence replacing that their dogs had chewed, even though their house is housing association, and the fence belongs to them. Maybe they should have checked first.

Goldenstar

Visit site
No it's not, I just think if I saw this my automatic response would be " poor pony"
Would you let anyone use your horse in this way? I wouldn't, maybe I'm a bit soft?!

Good heavens we did all sorts of fun stuff with our carriage horses not dissimilar to what's described we did keep it off the roads though .