SEFTON

GTs

Visit site
With the Horse Trust being in the news so much recently I was reminded of my visit there, and seeing Sefton (this was early 90s). I just remember he was BIG!

He is my favorite horse of all time - - -

kibob

Visit site
Ah, yeah I remember Sefton:). I cried my eyes out when I watched that story unfold. He was a giant wasn't he
shocked.gif
(or maybe I just thought that cos I was so small then lol).

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
it was a nail bomb, it killed a few horses, sefton took a blow and as a result had rather alot of nails inbedding in him, theres a book avalible about him and the bombing.

jacks_mum

Visit site
His jugular vein was severed by a nail from the bomb and a member of the public somehow managed to hold the ends of the vein together until help arrived and saved his life.

I have all the commemorative spoons of Sefton.

My old boy Trooper was also involved in that bombing - it was his first outing as a cavalry horse - and retired out of the army to eventually come to me.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I've just got shivers down my spine remembering when that news item broke. Those awful pictures of all the bodies lying in the park. I never met Sefton but it was wonderful that he made such a good recovery from his horrendous injuries.

Sooty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I've just got shivers down my spine remembering when that news item broke. Those awful pictures of all the bodies lying in the park. I never met Sefton but it was wonderful that he made such a good recovery from his horrendous injuries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put. He also became some sort of symbol of hope. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about him.

Parkranger

Visit site
I think he'll always have a place in our hearts! Apparently his nickname was sharky or something similar as he used to take chunks out of people on regular occasions!