Self-drive horse box hire in Edinburgh

nicole11

Visit site
Hello

I was wondering if anyone could recommend self-drive horsebox hire options in and around Edinburgh. I am desperate to get out and about with my boy but without transport, it's incredibly difficult.

Thanks

neddy man

Visit site
Eqiutrec do but about 50 miles from you 3-5 ton box £130 a day inc insurance, (3 dealers to hire from in Scotland). Elite horsebox hire in Lothians, and Aberdeenshire horsebox hire both do 3-5 ton boxes. Google horsebox hire near Edinburgh.

TPO

Visit site
Not much help because I can't remember the name of the company but there's a new 3.5t hire company just started in fife/stirling/Edinburgh area and they are advertising on FB. It's not a self drive though, the hire includes the driver.

ETA it's Neigh Bother on facebook and it's £75 + mileage, full day shared hire including driver/groom but must be within stirling/denny/plean area so guessing of no use at all to you, sorry!

Last edited:

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Eqiutrec do but about 50 miles from you 3-5 ton box £130 a day inc insurance, (3 dealers to hire from in Scotland). Elite horsebox hire in Lothians, and Aberdeenshire horsebox hire both do 3-5 ton boxes. Google horsebox hire near Edinburgh.

Equi-trek seems to be Blairgowrie, not very convenient for Edinburgh, Elite are no more by the looks of it and Aberdeen is also not much use in Edinburgh. Ayrshire have a 4.5t.

I am once again considering selling my 7.5t as I just lack the confidence to take it far by myself and can't be reliant on others. Another one local to me had their box trashed just this week and have stopped hiring but there just aren't a lot of hiring options about (Lothian would be a 90min one way trip from me, Ayrshire is closer but going anywhere in Ayrshire takes forever).