Self Indulgent Post - Fab Lesson on Bonnie!!!

bandit

Visit site
a bit of a self indulgent post, but i had a lesson last night on Bonnie - only the 2nd one and she's only been with me for 4 weeks!!!

Trainer didn't believe the change in her, alot more muscled, and more relaxed in her mouth and willing to work forward from behind... we did a lot of turning on the forehand and getting her back end to move underneath her, without her falling through the shoulders - she got the hang of it in the end... we then did alot of leg yields and even managed one in canter!

i posted a while back about bucking on the left rein and instructor luckily was there to see it, turns out is because she wants to fall out through right shoulder so by me using my right leg to say 'no', she is bucking to tell me to get off!! bless her, she did a lovely canter in the end on both reins, although left canter is weaker and we just did it out of hte saddle. her back is weak too but we've lots of homework to help build it up.

so - really chuffed, asked if she was ready for a jumping lesson from someone else and she said definately - so hopefully we're off next week to jump!!!

sorry to be self indulgent but i'm sooo pleased with her..

Bx

Tempi

Visit site
thats great news, you both sound like you are getting on really well with each other hun
smile.gif
xx

bandit

Visit site
i'm so thrilled with her - she's got a real attitude and 'balls' which we're trying not to take out of her but at hte same time make her 'submisive' when required!!

Ludo's doing well too - the hunting cheered him up yesterday but still no one wants him :-(.... really gutted.

how are you horses doing? and did i see you looking for another one?? friend breaking in a coloured gelding at the mo - out of an eventing mare. he's not fully grown but an angel so far...