Selling a 3.5? My experience

oldie48

Visit site
The market is super hot so it's probably worth more than you think! I did lots of research on various websites but still probably under valued mine by a couple of £1,000s but I had a quick hassle free sale to nice local people, so I'm not too sad! I spent some time and effort giving it a really good clean as it had been standing for nearly 18 months and took good pics. I pressure hosed the horse area and it was really clean. I was honest about anything that was an issue and do include the reg number as people expect to check the MOT history and if there are any advisories that need explanation, add that briefly into the add. I didn't and it was a pain answering people's enquires. I put ads in a number of fb groups but I'd have sold easily if I'd focused initially on local groups and saved being overwhelmed with messages. I had a weight certificate and an anti jump bar + it was built by a decent manufacturer, so although high mileage and built in 2014 it sold very quickly. TBH I'm really sad about selling as it's the end of an era but I'd decided to put the money towards a smart sporty car to console myself (if I can find one!).If you are buying, then you need to be quick and be prepared to put down a reasonable deposit so it doesn't get sold from under you. Hope this helps!

Petalpoos

Visit site
I sold mine about 5 years ago and had the same experience then! The buyer came round with the money in cash, which took a long time to count ?, and it was gone within 3 hours of the ad going live. I think there is always a demand for well made, clean 3.5t boxes.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I was offered more than it's worth as a horsebox to sell mine for it to be converted into a camper van by a man visiting to pick up an ebay purchase. The supply of chassis cabs for a red hot camper van market is so limited it's worth their while taking a horse conversion only 4 years old and changing it to a camper to sell at twice the price.

WelshD

Visit site
I recently had my 3.5t up for £1700 but it didn’t shift even with a comedy advert, it ended up selling for £1400.
I thought it would sell within hours.
must try harder with my adverts lol

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
I bought my BOSS 3:5 ton long wheelbase when they first started making them. Lovely blue colour, horses loved it. Updated it to 3:9, to take two easily, had payload of 1500. When I sold it 4 years ago when son gave up horses for uni and work, I got £200 more than what I paid for it in 2009! I had looked after it, had a tow bar fitted, and had it jet washed every 3 months or so.

oldie48

Visit site
I bought my BOSS 3:5 ton long wheelbase when they first started making them. Lovely blue colour, horses loved it. Updated it to 3:9, to take two easily, had payload of 1500. When I sold it 4 years ago when son gave up horses for uni and work, I got £200 more than what I paid for it in 2009! I had looked after it, had a tow bar fitted, and had it jet washed every 3 months or so.
TBH Ithink you'd get even more for it now, it's a crazy market.