Selling an older horsebox

Caramac71

Visit site
Just wondering where the best place is to sell an older (20 year old) 3.5 ton horsebox? I've got it advertised on Preloved and a few Facebook groups. I've had lots of likes and tags on Facebook but not a lot of action beyond that, and a few messages through Preloved.

I dont know if it is overpriced, as I priced it alongside the few similar ones I could find for sale. But obviously what they advertise for and what they sell for, if they do, aren't the same thing! I have said that I am open to offers. I'm keen to sell it as sadly have no use for it, and I've just put it through an MOT. So I think with the full years MOT, and the time of year, it's probably the best time to sell.

I'm happy to pay to advertise but I'm not sure whether potential buyers of cheap old horseboxes would be looking in those places.

So, how do you price an old horsebox, and if you were looking to buy one, where would you look for adverts?

Pie's mum

Visit site
I put mine on several horse sites on Facebook at lunchtime and it was sold by teatime with a number of people asking for second / third / fourth refusal of the sale fell through. It was a runner with MoT but priced to reflect it needed some work. Think we got £2.5k for it (older daf400 so not a Renault master type).

Caramac71

Visit site
I put mine on several horse sites on Facebook at lunchtime and it was sold by teatime with a number of people asking for second / third / fourth refusal of the sale fell through. It was a runner with MoT but priced to reflect it needed some work. Think we got £2.5k for it (older daf400 so not a Renault master type).

Mine's a Renault Master. Most people seem to want to put big horses (or multiple horses) in, which obviously it isn't suitable for!

cjt1701

Visit site
I've listed my Renault Master on probably all of the same places you have. Mine is a 2004 model and I have had some interest but nothing to write home about i.e. will you take deposit and pay in installments or can't come to view for 2 weeks but ask that you don't sell it before they come and look. Got to point where I CBA with it any more.