selling horses

vic07

Visit site
Feel so guilty have just advertised my mum's horse, who I school, event, dressage...... Have owned him for 7 years, broke him, done it all... But came to big decision, I want to event, he doesn't want to go past intro! But he loves proper dressage, loves parties and is so reliable. Feel he deserves a home that he will be best in.... Still feel guilty as hell. Does everyone feel like this when selling horses? Oh.... how crap do I feel.

Peanot

Visit site
Yes, I did when I had to sell my 10 year old who I`d bred from her mum. But I turned 2 good offers down because I didn`t really like the people. She went to a good home in the end to a lovely lady who still keeps in touch who wanted a safe horse to hack and do dressage and some jumping. How spoilt she has been. Then I was able to buy something bigger for me to show jump etc. It does make you feel very sad but my sale was easier as I had chosen her new mum for her.
Some things we have to do. I`m sure that he will have a good home and they will love him as much as you do.
The trouble is that we always think that no-one can love a horse as much as we do, but they can.
wink.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
You feel guilty? I sold my mum's horse once when she was on holiday so I had room to buy a friend's horse! And year's ago she did it to my dad, sold his horse to a friend whilst he was at work!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You feel guilty? I sold my mum's horse once when she was on holiday so I had room to buy a friend's horse! And year's ago she did it to my dad, sold his horse to a friend whilst he was at work!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be afraid to step out of the house if I was in your family!!!!!!
grin.gif

vic07

Visit site
thank-you. I did really need to hear that. We know all his little ways and love him and can't believe anyone will ever be the same to him. Even though your brain says they will, the heart doesn't! thanks.