Selling horses

emilylou

Visit site
I have nothing useful to say, just venting about how annoying it is. I haven't sold one for years and had forgotten how awful and time consuming it is!

blitznbobs

Visit site
Could say the same about buying!

Yes I always remember buying being fun - this time it’s just a ball ache... is that cos I’m older or cos it’s got worse? I’ve
Never had such an amazing budget (for me) so I thought it would be easier - how wrong could I be?

Tagoat

Visit site
Stay calm ladies! I am just in the process of selling (or trying to) a damn good, almost flippin new sewing machine for 50 quid via the local Buy & Sell site. The time (& oxygen) wasters I have dealt with today makes me want to take the darn thing to the tip!!

ihatework

Visit site
Yes I always remember buying being fun - this time it’s just a ball ache... is that cos I’m older or cos it’s got worse? I’ve
Never had such an amazing budget (for me) so I thought it would be easier - how wrong could I be?

The more you have to spend the worse it is I reckon! That’s what I found anyway.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Hate selling anything it's more stressful than root canal treatment

Mmm - not sure I would go along with that - having had 4 roots removed two weeks ago at hospital - and the pain still bad. But iy's close - when people come to see THE lovely , quiet mare they say they want, who behaves impeccably - and then walk away saying: 'she doesn't have enough va-va-voom'!!! Or wants something no more than 5 that is quiet, and reliable, and beautiful, and cheap!! I seem to have had more than usual of the timewasters this year - or maybe it's just old age catching up in more places than my creaking joints. This year's foals are definitely my last!!
Revolution.jpg

View

Visit site
Oh I wish I had the money for one of yours, Janet. sounds like I had better start saving hard, because as this one will be my last horse, more than ever temperament is the most important factor for me.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
It would help if buyers actually knew what they were looking for. Also if they were truthful with their own riding ability it would save a lot of time both sellers & buyers. Unfortunately they are not. The old adage of 'all the gear & no idea' fitted several who came when I was selling a true all rounder. I gave up in the end & kept him. That was 4 years or so ago & I haven't regretted not continuing the selling process. With the people who came he would have been miserable & probably moved on again as he was clearly too much horse for them. :(