Selling pics - something not right?!

SNORKEY

Visit site
They arn't the best pics but they don't want a lot for him. I would of at least taken a pic with his ears forward though.

Kiristamm

Visit site
I don't think I have ever seen a bridle fit as badly as that! Some how they have managed to get every thing wrong!

MileAMinute

Visit site
It gets on my nerves when people label a horse but then do not use evidence to back it up.

He's a hunter, right? Master's horse? Then why are there no pics of him hunting?!
Would excel at eventing....but no jumping pics to show this potential....

Little gripe but it winds me up. Poor thing does look rather miserable though :(

ETA - Just noticed the bit too, jeez!

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
Took me a while to figure out its supposed to be a hanging cheek! Poor lad does look miserable. I'd wonder why there are no ridden pics, even if they were older ones if he's been turned away for a few months.

aimsymc

Visit site
Not excactly my dream horse but not the worst ive seen by a long shot!

And im positive if anyone posted pics of their horse on this forum anonymously they would be ripped apart! seems thats what people like to do!

Waffles

Visit site
Um... if they haven't been riding him, why is he clipped? I guess it's not a recent photo of him - and if not, why not? Why is he tacked up? Is that hiding a misshapen back or something?Also you can't see what his neck is like or the proper angle of his front legs due to the way he's standing.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Quick to judge as usual, aren't we?

Seller said health problems were part of the reason they were selling him. What if seller wanted pics of him with tack on, and was unable to sort this because of their health problems, so decided to use some old ones, maybe the pictures were from the seller before...? Maybe they were stuck in hospital and asked Grandad to take some pictures, so he did his best and tacked the horse up best his could?

Amazing that we see something wrong and instantly the owner is the Spawn of Satan.

My horses 'look miserable' when they are dozing, relaxing...etc etc...don't judge before you know all the facts.

StrawberryFields1

Visit site
Not excactly my dream horse but not the worst ive seen by a long shot!

And im positive if anyone posted pics of their horse on this forum anonymously they would be ripped apart! seems thats what people like to do!

No one is ripping the actual horse apart, but the bridle is ill fitting and the bloody bit is upside down! So of course the poor thing looks sad - I would be too.

Re: pictures I get that they are just pictures of him tacked up as owner can't ride him at the moment but they could have included older ones or ones from previous owner.

StrawberryFields1

Visit site
Maybe they were stuck in hospital and asked Grandad to take some pictures, so he did his best and tacked the horse up best his could?

In the last picture there is a crop shoved under the pomell of the saddle so presumably the pictures have been taken before/after a ride. So beggers belief his rider put the bit onto the bridle wrong (can't just be twisted was actually attatched wrong) and the rest of the bridle doesn't fit at all right!

mcnaughty

Visit site
Its a hanging snaffle and yes it is upside down. If that is a master's horse then my daughter's 11.2 won the HOYS puissance last year!

Goldenstar

Visit site
It gets on my nerves when people label a horse but then do not use evidence to back it up.

He's a hunter, right? Master's horse? Then why are there no pics of him hunting?!
Would excel at eventing....but no jumping pics to show this potential....

Little gripe but it winds me up. Poor thing does look rather miserable though :(

ETA - Just noticed the bit too, jeez!

At a wild guess if he was a masters horse it would at a previous home.
He does look a bit down I would want a vet all over Him like a rash

Liesel

Visit site
Quick to judge as usual, aren't we?

Seller said health problems were part of the reason they were selling him. What if seller wanted pics of him with tack on, and was unable to sort this because of their health problems, so decided to use some old ones, maybe the pictures were from the seller before...? Maybe they were stuck in hospital and asked Grandad to take some pictures, so he did his best and tacked the horse up best his could?

Amazing that we see something wrong and instantly the owner is the Spawn of Satan.

My horses 'look miserable' when they are dozing, relaxing...etc etc...don't judge before you know all the facts.

The Voice of Reason. I totally agree with what you have said. Sometimes people are too quick to jump to conclusions.

horsemad32

Visit site
What would put me off if I was buying, would be the miserable look he has, the upside down bit (was he actually RIDDEN in that?) and the fact that he looks rather thin - from my experience there would likely be ribs on show if the tack weren't there.

So regardless of anything else, those are truly rubbish sale pics. If he's been out of work this summer his condition should be much better by now, and could get some nice pics perhaps.