Selling Saddles without Ebay- protecting yourself- any advice?

Shadowdancing

Visit site
I've given up on Ebay a long time ago as there was no protection for sellers- having had them take money from my account for items I could show were delivered by recorded delivery. They just didn't care.
My question is how best to sell without risking loss too much.. I'm thinking only posting fully recorded etc... I've got three dressage type saddles to move on and one is quite pricey. As stated I have zero faith in EBay's ability to protect me from loss, so what are my other options? Where would you recommend? I have been told to hand on to a saddler to sell for me but they are quite pricey here too...

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I put a lovely saddle on Preloved: I knew its value and it had been very little used so wasn't exactly inclined to give it away!

If you're prepared to wait, you might just achieve the price you are asking.

I had to wait almost a year - and had practically given up hope and was about to put the item, reluctantly, onto e-bay - when someone who wanted exactly this sort of saddle for a client, got in touch, and was prepared to pay what I was asking!!

Chocy

Visit site
I advertised on local Facebook horsey for sale pages & also on the manufacturers Facebook page which is where I eventually sold it from.
Did have to wait about 2yrs for it to sell but was brand new quality saddle so I'd rather hang onto it than let it go for ridiculous price.
Make sure u have lots of pics of it so show exact detail of it defects etc & preferably dated pics, pics of it packaged etc
I asked the purchaser to decide what level of insurance they wished as courier offered 3 levels & asked they paid that extr which they were happy to do