Selling saddles

seabiscuit

Visit site
Is it impossible or what to sell a second hand saddle?? Every one wants new ones these days, I have been trying to sell mine for nearly a year now! Despite HALVING the price!!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Ebay can be like that! What about selling them though your saddler? Have you thought about that? They would obviously want a cut though.

I hope you sell them soon! I'm sticking with my Wintecs until Otto has completely filled out but next year will be looking.

S_N

Visit site
I am a bit disgruntled with ebay tbh! Just had my 3 saddles on there - could have killed the person who had the cheek to offer me £35 - yes THIRTY FIVE POUNDS for my Saddle Company Dressage Saddle!

seabiscuit

Visit site
S_N tell me about it- its a joke!!I have had similar experiences on ebay but will have to try harder with the pics I guess!

Henry Horn, Sue Carson simply did not want to know!!Grrr. She said that she would add the saddle to her second hand list a year ago but she blatently did not and was very cagey when we rang her back.( Sorry Sue C if you are reading this,!!)

Kat B, would like £750 for the Sue Carson jump saddle, its almost new, cost £1500.,its 17.5 inches Medium Wide. only have one other jump saddles for sale(the other one is a Prestige)

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I've sold a couple on ebay and bought three, all were far better than we expected.
How annoying about the SC response, not what I would have expected.
I know you have tried eventriders but what about horseselect? That's a pretty professional rider type site so you may have more luck there.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I tried to sell mine on ebay with a reserve. But people didnt bid due to the reserve! Mine's a barnsby showing saddle, really nice, but i think I will wait till spring and sell it then.

seabiscuit

Visit site
I know, not what I wouldve expected from Sue at all considering her supposed reputation.

I remember when I sold some Devoucoux saddles and the Devoucoux team were absolutely delighted to help, took the saddles in, made every effort to sell them,& sold a week later for a really fantastic price, and then they did not ask for a cut or to be paid!! Now that is what I call service and customer care!

Will try horseselect again...think my prestige saddle is still on there from a year ago!

seabiscuit

Visit site
It is just a nightmare- there are too many second hand saddles floating around. My local saddlers has about 500 second hand saddles that have been there waiting to sell for about 10 years.

Snowberry

Visit site
I found that too - I had been trying to sell a couple of show saddles, put them on ebay and didnt have a single bid. Someone did send a best offer of a tenner for each of them!!
shocked.gif

I've also tried the local paper but nothing - what makes me laugh is that I cannot buy a secondhand saddle for the new boy for less than £400!!!

kerrylou123

Visit site
i've only ever had 2 brand new saddles. i tend to stick to second hand, just because new can be so expensive these days, and alot of second hand saddles are sold are in the condition of brand new ones, as people stupidly buy them for horses and don't try them on, or are selling a horse without tack, so there are people out there that buy second hand..... im one of them!

Peanot

Visit site
I have just bought a new saddle but only because I didn`t trust myself to fit it as my mare is so sensitive, everything has to be just right for her.
I am happy with the saddle that I have bought, and I also tried an Albion that would fit with just a slight adjustment and so I am after a 2nd hand one of these now too. I was looking into one make of saddle which I shall not name, and I was advised against it by numerous people for one reason and another so I went and had a fitting and was prepared to come away with anything that fitted her properly.
Saddles do sell eventually but a lot of people are like me and would rather have one fitted. Ebay is good as long as someone is looking for that one particular saddle. There was a SC saddle on there about a month ago , it was a jump saddle and it was sold for £750. You just have to put it on at the time when someone is after one. This is impossible to know though. Just keep putting it on for 10 days at a time. What about your local ad-mag?