Selling saddles

SueAllen

Visit site
Have a saddle to sell. Not trying to flog it on here (obviously!!
grin.gif
) What I really would like your thoughts on is the best time to try to sell it. Early on in the New Year/after Christmas? - Christmas present money to spend, time off work to spend looking on Ebay etc

or

in the spring - bank accounts recovered from Christmas spending (hopefully!!), getting ready for summer riding/showing etc??

Thanks

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've just sold one of mine, Christmas present I would imagine. I think you just have to strike lucky in having what someone particularly wants at the time they are in the market to buy.
smile.gif

SpruceRI

Visit site
I've just sold 3 on ebay. 2 synthetic ones and a leather. They all reached their reserve no problem. Sold between Nov and now. I thought they might not sell this close to Xmas, so was surprised. I had one of them in my local tack shop for 6 months where they were going to charge me £20 of the sale price for selling it even though they don't actively try - so it just sat there. Got only £15 less than I paid for it originally (had had it 6 months) which I was really pleased about. Try selling it on ebay now. The most expensive part of the fees is putting on the reserve but at least you don't have to give the saddle away if it doesn't reach that amount