Selling

Kelly1982

Visit site
Is there anyone out there that wants a pc/rc horse that can actually ride????

Everyone that has come out to see our mare is a complete novice or lacks confidence (so god knows why they answered to an ad for a TB).

She is by no means a monster and is actually very well behaved but she does need someone who can ride half decent. We have had an 11yo girl ride her who she has been good as gold for so doesn't need someone really experienced just someone who has the confidence to tell her what to do.

She is only up for £2,300 as a) we need the sale and b) we feel this is a fair price for her as she will not excel over pc/rc level.

Do you think its the price that is attracting complete novices and people lacking confidence??

GinaB

Visit site
What else does the ad say about her? Some people just seem to want to overhorse themselves! It could be the price as they might think 'oh look a TB for only £2,300!' Maybe having that kind of reaction?

MrsMagoo

Visit site
How big and how old is she again?? does she jump?
smile.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
This is what the ad says:

Good allrounder, has competed SJ being placed first time out and has seen XC jumps. Good to hack alone or in company and also good to box, shoe, clip, catch etc and has no vices. She is not a typical TB and is sane and sensible even in a group and is ridden in a snaffle. She will be a fun allrounder for someone or equally as fun just as a happy hacker.

She is a 15hh, 8yo TB mare.

I probably could of put a better description but i am fed up with writing ads out LOL. She has been up for sale for 7months so we must be doing something wrong!

Kelly1982

Visit site
Yeah she does jump, we have been jumping her up to 2'9 at shows (although she hasn't been to many but always placed) and we have jumped her up to about 3'6 at home.

She hasn't got the best technique but it has improved so much from when we first got her and she really loves her jumping too.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I think thats the problem as well, she is an inbetweeny height, kids want 14.2's and adults want 16.2s and the fact she is a TB doesn't seem to be helping either even though she is not your typical TB.

Dont know what else we can do to get her sold
frown.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
ahhh she sounds lush to me!
Mmmmm just thinking if theres anyone i know looking for one?
Will PM you if i think of anybody.
Hope you sell her soon.
Just as a tip the Height, age and breed normally helps attract people if its at the start, so she might be missing out on potential new mummys that havent been bothered to read the whole ad?
Also maybe a note in there saying no complete novices, but will bring on a willing rider?? or something along those lines!
Just suggestions
Claire x

Kelly1982

Visit site
Her height, age etc was all at the begining of the ad but i just copied it from horsemart quickly and then added that at the end on here so you lot could see (if that makes sense). Didn't want to post the ad as my riding position is disgusting in it LOL but it was the best pic of her so. . . .

I dont really want to put 'not novice ride' or anything similar as she is not a headcase that only experienced people can ride she just isn't a horse for people who are starting out or have no confidence which is what i keep getting
confused.gif
If an 11yo child can ride her and jump her then pretty much anyone can but they all seem to be straight from riding schools who are nervous and she is not a begginers horse.

When i was a teenager i would of loved something like her that had loads of life so i could win everything on but that was sensible with it (if that makes sense).

Claireg9

Visit site
Maybe put ideal for children moving onto horses?
Might get some experience but wouldnt want something thats a head case as its a first time on a horse??
Just a thought.
Cant think why no one suitable has applied.

Tia

Visit site
In my opinion the ad does imply that she is suitable for everyone to ride. I would change it - try to be as clear as possible with what she is and what she isn't.

My ads for any horses I sell are very concise so there is (hopefully) no room for speculation on the purchasers part......although you do always get the numpty who will just reply because of the price or the look of the horse and they seem incapable of reading anything you write, LOL!!

Kelly1982

Visit site
Yeah i have had my fair share of numpty's too!! Had someone email me asking if she had any shoes
confused.gif
and that was all they put!! I replied that she did and i didn't hear nothing again, weird!!

Think i will change the ad then to state that she is not suitable for for someone starting out or something.

icestationzebra

Visit site
Where are you advertising her K? Why not try an ad in Local Rider mag? Their circulation is big now in Kent/Sussex/Surrey and Hampshire and local people may be more inclined to come and see her. You may find her a super PC/Juniors home through it as they have a large PC readership. She sounds as though a competent teenager would suit her down to the ground. Worth a thought - I know of a couple of people that have sold through the magazine......