semen from ireland

lisaward

Visit site
does anyone know if this possible to import and how much ?
also what sucess have you had.
i have seen a lot of lovely stallions and they are all in ireland

oh and it would have to be chilled.i live near norwich airport ??

ESH_Jess

www.eurosportshorse.com
yes chilled or frozed, success rates with chilled very good as for frozen, depends on the stallion as to how well the semen will have frozen and therefor the sucess etc. we have had great results with both.
smile.gif

Rosiebee

Visit site
Its all pretty easy but check you can have health certs with the semen sometimess they are very strict on health certs coming into country but a little more lax on what goes out ! (not everyone don't want to offend)
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
I had frozen imported from Holland, and my maiden mare took first time!!! So i think from Ireland really shouldnt be a problem. You just need to check that the stallions semen freezes well, as some dosent.

britishwarmblood

www.britishwarmbloods.co.uk
I have imprted semen (chilled) from Northern Ireland and costs are just the same as chilled semen from anywhere else in the UK - no health cert required and postage via parcel force approx £35.
I guess from Eire you would have to have a health cert (same as if importing from Europe) and courier costs would probably be slightly higher than UK only transport, but again along similar costings for European transport.

Sambertino

www.flaxlion.com
If you are importing chilled semen from Southern Ireland I am pretty sure the stallion will have to be on an EU approved semen export station, with all the rules & regulations that entails - which is the same as it is in Europe.

If that's the case the stud owners will be able to organise the semen shipment & health papers for delivery direct to you.

The costs would then be roughtly the same as getting semen in from Europe - it might be worth giving the stud a call?

There would probably be more choice in stallions if you go for frozen though, as the stallions can have gone in for one collection/freezing session, which depending on how long they stayed, will cover several seasons of breeding.

Rosiebee

Visit site
All regulations are the same and apply but from experience on the whole Ireland are not as efficient as Holland or Germany about putting health certs in with the semen to travel. Then you have semen and no health certs...

Depends on the stallions but I have tried to use a stallion that had been based in Holland and is now in Ireland 2 doses down the drain as no health certs. Three years ago same happened but different stallion and put it this wasy it was a good job it went down the drain as three days later I recieved a letter from the stallion owner saying the semen was ok but they couldnt get health certs. I know the stallion was and still is ok but a letter doesnt look after you if anything hapened!

Rosiebee

Visit site
I am talking from a friends experience only, but they are lovely people they packaged all the semen very well and the semen was of very good quality, it is as far as I know an EU centre so all should be fine. BUT they did not recieve health certs this year with two packages of semen although it was made clear on the faxed order that health certs would be needed. Talk to Ann Marie as she is really nice and I suggest just reiterating that you must have health certs with the semen BEFORE insemination! The service from Lissava in every other way was excellent