Semi porous mats- any good?

Visit site
Sorry to rumble on about mats again but I've seen some 13mm semi porous ones which would save me about 70 quid against the 18mm non porous ones.

Question is does anyone use them with straw and if you do, do they hold the wee and make the stable smell??
Should I just put the extra on top and get the proper ones even though I could do without spending the extra (couldn't we all?) plus I'll be moving them twice a year as he winters out.
Many thanks

perfect11s

Visit site
Sorry to rumble on about mats again but I've seen some 13mm semi porous ones which would save me about 70 quid against the 18mm non porous ones.

Question is does anyone use them with straw and if you do, do they hold the wee and make the stable smell??
Should I just put the extra on top and get the proper ones even though I could do without spending the extra (couldn't we all?) plus I'll be moving them twice a year as he winters out.
Many thanks
My guess is they would be a bad idea as the normal mats wash off and are easy to disinfect and you have bedding to absorb pee I would go with the normal mats and a bale of shavings simple and hyginic ....

jackessex

Visit site
hi my advice would be dont bother!!!total waste of money,i brought a load a couple of yrs back they were supposed to be suitable for equestrian use and they just held on to the wee,i used to have to take them all out and hang them on rails and blast them with water to get wee out :( also they started breaking up and used to move around if the horse rolls,my advice would be to spend a little more and get the heavy proper ones.

Clippy

Visit site
Spend the extra, trust me, heavy duty stable mats are the way to go. I have used them for the last 5 years and they have paid for themselves over and over again in time, effort and saved bedding. By the end of the winter, the £70 you'll save on cheap mats will be irrellevant and you'll only have to replace them next winter.