Separate forum

MimmiNO

New User
Visit site
I'm new here (but an old hat at forums).

Why is there no separate forums for dressage, show jumping, eventing and so on?
It would make it so much easier to find good threads on the topic you like instead of having to scroll through loads of uninteresting stuff.
It would also keep threads "visible" on the first page for longer...

Just a thought, and maybe a tip?

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
There's a separate forum for Feedback, Suggestions and Queries, you could try making a suggestion in there but from previous threads asking for such things I think you can bet the answer will be no.

Lolo

Visit site
I quite like it all mixed in tbh, it creates a real community. I love reading, say, spookypony's threads about her endurance stuff when I'd probably never venture into an endurance sub-forum. It opens up new disciplines and means you get lots of interesting points of view about how each discipline works and how that can help different ones.

only_me

Visit site
I'm new here (but an old hat at forums).

Why is there no separate forums for dressage, show jumping, eventing and so on?
It would make it so much easier to find good threads on the topic you like instead of having to scroll through loads of uninteresting stuff.
It would also keep threads "visible" on the first page for longer...

Just a thought, and maybe a tip?

What is uninteresting to you may be interesting to others! It works well as it is now, and I'm sure other long term members would agree. You have only just joined, give it a bit of time and you might like it! After all, you don't have to read the threads you find uninteresting.
It is nice to have a mixed competition forum, lots of ideas and tips can be shared easily :)

j1ffy

Visit site
I quite like it all mixed in tbh, it creates a real community. I love reading, say, spookypony's threads about her endurance stuff when I'd probably never venture into an endurance sub-forum. It opens up new disciplines and means you get lots of interesting points of view about how each discipline works and how that can help different ones.

Ditto Lolo - I've learnt a lot about different disciplines (and fancy trying out a few new ones!) thanks to this format. I think riders from different disciplines can also learn a lot from each other this way and it's nice to get away from any snobbery or cliques.

khalswitz

Visit site
I agree with Lolo. Plus, my reports are often involving multiple disciplines - we can go show jumping, dressaging, combined training, cross country training, working hunter, showing, and any combination of the above plus various lessons in any single report!! I'd hate to try and sub-forum my reports...

JFTDWS

Visit site
I hate having loads of sub-fora where the posts on the first page are weeks, or even months, old. It's too divisive and hard to follow lots of different disciplines (some of us like to read about different stuff!).

star

Visit site
I prefer one forum. I haven't got time to go looking at loads of different sub-forums - this is the only one I look in on here. I like the variety!

MimmiNO

New User
Visit site
Okay, I get what people are saying, but every other forum I have been on have a header for competition/training/general riding and then there are different forums underneath. As someone said, they don't feel they have the time to go through several forums. For me it is opposite, I give up after searching through the first two pages and finding nothing interesting.
I would love to be able to click on the dressage forum and go there and find loads of likeminded people who do what I like, instead I have to click on everything that might be dressage and be disappointed.
For me, it just feels un-organised, because as I said, every other forum I've been on (and they are many) had these sub categories that ade it easier to navigate.

star

Visit site
If you come on here daily though there's normally just a couple of pages of new posts and it makes it really easy to see everything in one place. It would be really annoying to have to go into 5 or more different forums to see the day's new posts.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I don't want to live in a world of segregation. I have a dream. A dream that one day, dressage divas and eventers stand hand in hand. A dream that one day showjumpers and endurancers and Treccies and horseball players will applaud each other's efforts...

Oh wait, that day is today. Round here anyway :p

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I prefer one forum. The fact that a few pages have changed this month (news page became equestrian news and The Clubhouse divided into Clubhouse and Current Affairs) is already irritating enough. I have interests in certain disciplines, but often dip into other threads for other disciplines, which I probably wouldn't do if they were split up.

Other forums may run differently. This forum has it's faults, but it's one of, if not the most, popular equestrian forums there is.

Kat

Visit site
I don't want to live in a world of segregation. I have a dream. A dream that one day, dressage divas and eventers stand hand in hand. A dream that one day showjumpers and endurancers and Treccies and horseball players will applaud each other's efforts...

Oh wait, that day is today. Round here anyway :p

What about vaulters and drivers eh? Discrimination and prejudice! Disgusting behaviour!

Apercrumbie

Visit site
I love reading about all the different disciplines - I pick up so many tips from people doing different things and well, it's just interesting! In C&T you can put a header on the threads to show which discipline they are which is helpful and many people use it.

miss_c

Visit site
Okay, I get what people are saying, but every other forum I have been on have a header for competition/training/general riding and then there are different forums underneath. As someone said, they don't feel they have the time to go through several forums. For me it is opposite, I give up after searching through the first two pages and finding nothing interesting.
I would love to be able to click on the dressage forum and go there and find loads of likeminded people who do what I like, instead I have to click on everything that might be dressage and be disappointed.
For me, it just feels un-organised, because as I said, every other forum I've been on (and they are many) had these sub categories that ade it easier to navigate.

Perhaps the BD Forum then?

I like it as it is, and there is the option of a prefix to your post saying what discipline it refers to. Obviously if doing a multi-discipline report then that's no good, but generally people do tend to use the post prefixes in Comp Riders, not so much in the Tack Room.

Please do stick around, only one or two of us bite, honest!!!