Separation anxiety , getting worse help

tubby1

Visit site
I have recently moved yards, my normally laid back mare was great for the first few weeks but over the past couple of weeks she has become more & more stressy when my daughters pony leaves her. Tonight daughter was out competing and I got a phone call to say my horse was circling her stable at speed because she was so anxious. She has been out of work due to pulling a muscle , losing shoes etc , will be back in work tommorow. I'm at the end of my tether with her , my daughters pony can't be with her all the time . Unfortunately the horse on the other side of her lives out most of the time. She is going to end up hurting herself. Any ideas tips to help her cope.

PorkChop

Visit site
Just give it time - other tips to help her cope in her stable are a mirror, hang some gorse for her to nibble, treat ball etc

I recently moved and it has taken my three horses two and a half months to get back to their normal polite selves and still occasionally have their moments!

Make her stable as safe as you can, and try and set her up to succeed, and if that means changing plans and keeping her in a routine then so be it for a while :)

tashcat

Visit site
When your daughters pony is out, are there any other horses visible?

Ive had a similar problem but more minor, as a result of my horse's best buddy going out and leaving mine totally alone. But as soon as he could always see another horse in stable or field, he calmed down considerably.