settling in

parsley

Visit site
How long should I give my two before riding them when they are moved to their new yard tommorow?

I haven't ridden them for a week as they were freezemarked. I wanted to give them a few more days but TBH I miss riding and want to get on! I know it depends on the horse to an extent but is a couple of days enough - i.e. move on Tuesday, ride on Friday?

rach1984horse

Visit site
I would give them a couple of days then go for it. Was thinking about this before, and when we move them we give them a week off, but when we take them to a show or competition, we unload, tack up, ride all day, then back in the box and home.

parsley

Visit site
Yes, that did occur to me but I wasn't sure if "sleeping over" made it more tricky - but some shows are over nighters
grin.gif

pottamus

Visit site
I moved my horse from Wales to Derbyshire and rode him the next morning! He was fine as it gave him something else to think about, yes, he was spooky but that was to be expected as he was green and in a new area completely. Depends on your horses though but I think they would prefer to be 'doing' something rather than having any anxiety's about the new place. Kick on I say!!!
smile.gif