Seven horses die in a barn fire

PinkFairy

Visit site
...How awful
frown.gif
Tragic and sad for everyone involved. It's a small mercy that the other horses survived.
frown.gif

ETA - News link - http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/282888.html

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
Awful, awful, awful.

Having just had a stable fire, though with no horses involved which I am utterly thanking my lucky stars about, the thought of it happening and the reality that it could so easily have been my horses that burnt to death has left me really panicking about the thought of having them in overnight/while I'm not around.

The rebuilt version will have a separate haystore, firewalls, a muckheap preferably on the other side of the county
tongue.gif
and an alarm system linked to the house. And even after all that, I will still be nervous as hell
frown.gif

PinkFairy

Visit site
I know how you feel, stables went up in smoke a few years ago at a place where I rode for a lady, thankfully the horses were out that night, but the place was absolutely ruined. Ours went up in flames thanks to vandals who had nothing better to do. The owner was only alerted after the roof blew. There was debris everywhere the next day, and the frames of the stable were all that was left in some parts. CCTV was set up as were more alarms but as you say, we were all still so very nervous it would repeat itself.
crazy.gif
It never did, and both horses passed away within a few months of each other, of old age.