SFAS, an amazing afternoon.

Mickeymoo

Visit site
Took the husbands 23 year old cob to Vale View for the hoys qualifier. Everything was scrubbed and sparkling to within an inch of its life.. Then I had major panic attacks that we weren't going to be good enough and would get pulled in last.. so, my trusty mate Karen who groomed for me calmed me down and off we went.

Got on Shiney and we were called into the arena. There were 12 in the class and Shiney was the smallest, and I bet oldest. I wasn't confident as the big cobs normally win.

So, the go round, we cantered for what seemed like an age, and finally went back to walk. Then we got pulled in 2nd.. I was amazed. Karen came into the ring, and when I saw her I started to shake and nearly cried. My husband says his heart started to race at this point.

So, composed myself and the ride judge came and asked how old my horse was. Told him 23 and he looked really shocked. Shiney went really well for him and he came back a happy judge. Then we stripped and the comfirmation judge took a look. Again he was shocked at Shineys age.

Back into line and walked round, and we got pulled in 4th and was really happy. We had gone hoping for a top 6 placing. We asked the judges at the end why we were moved down and it was because Shiney has lumps on his fetlocks, which is an age thing. And the ride judge loved him.

So we are really pleased that our old boy held his own in class full of younger horses. What a star he is yet again.

Thanks for reading. xx

bliss87

Visit site
Well done

you had more luck than us and people just not playing fair

people warming up over the worker course, people competing eveb though theyve already rose at hoys, best thing is they'd all been reported and still competed, and jumps without wings or top polls? last time i checked it was a worker class not Indoor eventing

humblepie

Visit site
Thank you to idoshowing and prince33sp4rkle for your directions. Really good route to get there and the place has really good schools etc. We just missed out on qualifying but such is life. Horse gave judge one of the best rides and was a good boy but I wasn't on the top of my game.