sh!te day

L

lilym

had absolutley shite dat at local show today, ponio was a bint in her first class so i asked to leave, schooled her in a quiet corner and then took her in her second class, she did a nice show pulled in top 3 then dropped out of placings, after judge chatted to steward supposedley because she had the wrong colour numnah, sod you judge, the two you placed top had big garish numnahs!! smacks of some cheating going on!! i will not be going to this show again!! only friends of the people in charge we doing well today!! days like this make me just want to give it all up, anyone else ever have that feeling???

eekmon

Visit site
Thats showing........
shocked.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
There is a certain gentleman who I've seen at many shows this season, and no matter what he takes in the ring, how badly behaved it is, he ALWAYS wins. Showing can be very hit and miss, but for me it just makes it all that much better when we go back next time and beat them.
Oh, and if this was an affiliated show, you can complain about these things. If unaffiliated you can complain but only on the day I think.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
how annoying - My horse always does badly in first class - even if I warm her up, and then goes on to do well. So I always choose a class that I don't care much for just to get her going. But to be honest, I'm not all that bothered, I just do it for fun anyway
smile.gif

Peanot

Visit site
This is so common amongst showing. It is harder because it is not on points like dressage and show jumping, but its just on the opinion of the judge. Very unfair I think.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Showing has always been open to this because the decision is made by one judge who does not have to answer to anyone.

I've seen some really questionable marking of dressage tests aswell in the past. Thankfully the majority are well marked & very fair. By marking ridiculously high, as I saw a week or so ago, when the competitors go to another show they get totally deflated when they are correctly marked & receive considerably lower but fair marks.

Showjumping, apart from people who insist on jumping a 15+ hand horse with a bent life height certificate, as a 14h2", there can be virtually no questionable decisions. You either go clear or you have a fence down, a refusal, turn a circle or fall off. Occasionally someone my be faulted for resistance but by enlarge everyone can see the result for themselves & the judge rubber stamps what you've seen & works the timing.
smile.gif

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
That happened at a local show recently. (infact at any show they hold there with judges, showing, dressage) the most ridiuclous ponies and horses were getting placed, and i mean ridiculous, looked utterly ridiculous and yet were placed high. At first i was a bit confused but then saw judge with a group of those placed afterwards walking back to the yard together!! Turns out judge was a livery at the yard holding the competitions and was placing everyone she knew above everyone else!

the watcher

Visit site
but if 'ponio was a bint' then maybe it needs to get some more showing classes under its belt, whether you get placed or not doesn't matter, it is all practice.

It is frustrating but showing isn't black and white like jumping, it is all down to the preferences of the judge on the day. As you move up you will get to know which judges favour your type of horse, some people will follow their favourite judges all over the country to get placed, especially in qualifiers.

Chalk it up to experience, there is no point getting upset

L

lilym

mostly what i was refering to was the fact she was good in the novice class but horses that were obviously not novices were being placed over those that were???? novices should be in snaffles, not pelhams and god knows what other gadgets!!