Shampoo - wow, how soft!!!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Used a mixture of Equimins Tea Tree Shampoo and the johnsons camomile baby shampoo today on my grey - WOW is he SMOOTH!!! I patted him a minute ago now he's dry and my hand practically slipped off! I hope this doesn't mean my saddle will slip at the event......

But just thought Id let you know how great this mixture worked! And he is SO white! Oh and the baby shampoo worked a TREAT on his grubby face (and didnt sting his eyes). Cant believe Ive never used it before!

Accy

Visit site
I never thought of using baby shampoo on the face what an excellent idea will be using it for sure.

mandy4727

Visit site
I always used baby shampoo on my appy mare. She had pink skin and was sensitive to everything else. Johnsons is good but expensive. And it doesn't matter too much if you don't rinse it all out as it is so mild. Well I have never had nay problems anyway. But I try to rinse it all away.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Baby shampoo is a detergent that strips out all the natural oils and takes virtually everything out of a coat! I never knew this until my hairdresser told me. Apparently it is just there to get everything as clean as possible and is not gentle in the way people believe. It can be quite damaging on adult hair if you use it all the time. There may well be some baby shampoos which don't do this but the well known brands should be used with caution.

Gingernags

Visit site
What do you use on yours? Out of interest? I was looking at Horse magazine last week and their top reviews went to IV horse shampoo and Carr, Day and Martin Showshine. Well, other shampoos were higher rated but for greys and not gingers!

Asti's coat looking much better for extra grooming every day and a rug on cos of the torrential rain.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
I just switched to baby shampoo, I mix it with Peppermint and lavender oil, maybe have to have a re-think! Previously used a lovely mint shampoo (think it was IV horse) In a white bottle with green writing.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Tresemme (human shampoo) works well - and you can buy it in huge containers from Costco quite cheaply. We rarely use the branded horse ones as there are just too many horses on the yard and we could use a whole bottle in an afternoon! Pig oil is great for indoor shows like HOYS, but use sparingly. Raven oil is nice for black points. Make sure you don't use any of the show sheen sprays on the saddle area otherwise the saddle will come of the side! We buff the horses with a sheepskin pad before they go in the ring which also brings up a nice shine. Quite a few of them live out without rugs, so they have lots of natural oil in their coats.

littlehoofprint

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Tresemme (human shampoo) works well - and you can buy it in huge containers from Costco quite cheaply.

[/ QUOTE ]

us too!!
grin.gif
its fab and soo cheap!! and has a pump to stop it spilling all across the yard when pesky pony tips it over!
mad.gif
grin.gif