Shaped Girths - Correct Fit

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Depends on the shape or your horse mostly, if your horse had a forwards girth groove then they are very useful. We have two, one pony with big rib cage and baggy elbows, one anglo with big rib cage and no shoulders.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Depends on the shape or your horse mostly, if your horse had a forwards girth groove then they are very useful. We have two, one pony with big rib cage and baggy elbows, one anglo with big rib cage and no shoulders.
Thanks Ester

So does the fat shaped part of the girth face to the front and go between the horses legs ?

ester

Visit site
Yes faces to the front, thats why fairfax/prolite do a narrow one if you don't have much room as it is more extreme in shape than others/ the one you have posted. Doesn't really go between the legs though just behind I would say.
I do have some photos of F in various options so you can see how they lie but would need to find them later.

WelshD

Visit site
mine are the same size as their normal girths, the bulge points towards the front legs

These are useful for horses with forward girth grooves where a saddle would normally drag forwards as a standard girth gravitates towards the natural groove, this can then in turn jab the horse in the shoulder restricting movement and can make them reluctant to stride out. Both of mine have improved dramatically in their paces since their girths were changed.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
if you can get one to trial that would be worthwhile, I think, as they are all slightly different and will suit different horses.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Yes faces to the front, thats why fairfax/prolite do a narrow one if you don't have much room as it is more extreme in shape than others/ the one you have posted. Doesn't really go between the legs though just behind I would say.
I do have some photos of F in various options so you can see how they lie but would need to find them later.
Hi Ester

That would be great, it just gets confusing as when i used to have stud guards on the jumping ponies, the shaped bit went toward the back legs.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
if you can get one to trial that would be worthwhile, I think, as they are all slightly different and will suit different horses.

I have been given a black country one to trail, but the logo sort of confused me, as it seams to be backwards to the way I thought the girth should fit. I will take a photo and post it later.

CLA85

Visit site
I’ve just tried mine in a prolite (as I understand they are the same design as Fairfax but without the nice leather? And I’m a cheap skate!) , I wasn’t expecting miracles, but ‘boing’ did the medium trot take me by surprise, ? (glad no one was watching was rather Embarrassing to be left that far behind his movement!) and I think the lateral work flows better. Put old girth back on today and medium was not the same! Rushing/onto forehand, just mehhh!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I videoed my fairfax trial when they first came out and definitely noticed a difference on that horse. The current ones have prolites because they fit them well and seem comfortable ;) despite not being narrow horses both of mine need the narrow prolite.

albeg

Visit site

Pippity

Visit site
My old share horse had a Fairfax for his dressage saddle, and it really made a difference. Unfortunately, they didn't do the narrow in a long enough size for him to have one with his GP.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
IME the best ones are the shaped one that not only have the bulge to the front, but also the buckles aim towards the back (so the buckles at each end are in different directions). Fairfax are like that.

The new with just the bulge and buckles in a straight line don't sit that differently to those with no bulge.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
My little cob has baggy elbows ? nightmare to clip.
He’s also quite narrow. I’ve been considering a prolite but the few people I know who had them sold them on pretty quickly which put me off slightly

ester

Visit site
92828121_10163386097820438_6657460614610288640_n.jpg

ditto re. the clipping.