Sharer

Busy mare

Visit site
After loosing my own horse a few years ago I now have a lovely horse I share twice a week.

When I had a sharer for my mare I did have a sharer and she would message me after each ride and let me know everything went well I loved it.

I message the owner of my new loan, to let her know all went well and back safe and sound but she doesn’t reply very often (can see it’s been read) .

Would you like this as an owner or would you prefer the sharer to just get on with it (after all that’s the point in having a sharer I guess ?)

Thanks

scruffyponies

Visit site
Ask them.

I have several sharers (lots of ponies). Most don't messge me after a ride, but will usually check before that it's OK to go out if its an unusual time. Personally I prefer not to be getting too many texts as there's always a sense of doom as a horse owner, and no news can be taken as good news. So long as you meet regularly enough to be able to chat about how he's going etc.

Willowbankstables

Visit site
Personally, I love it when my sharer sends me pictures and an update on how things went when they were there. They normally go when I'm at work and it really puts my mind at ease to get a text. But everyone is different and I'm sure some people only want contacting if something is needed/ wrong! Maybe just ask them which they prefer :)

mossycup

Visit site
I'm a sharer. I will sometimes text to say he was a good boy/ask a question, but generally I just crack on - no news is good news and all that!

Smogul

Visit site
OH shares. He will text owner if something funny has happened or horse has been particularly mischevious but that is all. Owner occasionally responds. I wouldn't fuss over it if everything else is OK.