Sharers...again

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I was rather embarrassed at my seriously bombproof old pony one time. A friend who usually rides sharp TBs came down and we were going for a hack out together with her on my oldie while hers was off lame. I said to her 'you might need to boss him a bit because he tries it on with new people' but she laughed because hers is so sharp. Within a couple of minutes the old codger had walked onto the verge with her, knocked her off on a bush and was happily eating :D

handbagsandhay

Visit site
I have been riding for years but would still consider myself relatively "novice" i feel I am always learning. I exercise 2 horses for friends but have started taking lessons again so that I continue to "ride properly" And my Dad asked the other night why I still need lessons! Haha I had to remind him i didn't want to just be jumping on folks horses for a jolly I wanted to keep and learn new, skills!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I was looking for my next horse and went to try a grey Connie type. The little horse was kept at a livery stable and was being sold by the yard manager on behalf of the owner. YM asked me lots of questions before letting me ride in the school. I know I did not show myself well as I was so nervous. I must have been a bit OK as I was allowed to go on a hack with 3 or 4 others. I rode quietly a pretty much at the back or in the middle of the ride as we went through a housing estate and across fields. The horse was fine. On the way back YM told me to ride on in front. The horse was fine until YM’s horse got closer than 1 horse’s length and double barrelled it. I spun my horse round and quickly chastised it. I think YM had not been paying full attention.
YM’s horse had a wound above the knee. At the yard I relinquished my horse saying I could not consider that. YM said she could not sell it if it was inclined to kick.
Then she said that she hadn’t considered I was much of a rider until she saw my quick reaction to it’s bad behaviour.
I still don’t think I am that much of a rider and always state my experience and lack of talent.

I have been riding for years but would still consider myself relatively "novice" i feel I am always learning. I exercise 2 horses for friends but have started taking lessons again so that I continue to "ride properly" And my Dad asked the other night why I still need lessons! Haha I had to remind him i didn't want to just be jumping on folks horses for a jolly I wanted to keep and learn new, skills!

pippixox

Visit site
I am by no means an amazing rider, but you instruct the horse without even thinking about it. I once briefly looked for a sharer for my very well behaved ex racer. A novice (she was 100% open about this, but my dad used to ride him and he is certainly a novice) came and joined me on a hack. She didn’t not steer him and he literally walked off to the left off the track as she didn’t tell him where to go and he is not a riding school horse. It was quite funny to watch and made me realise I ride without even thinking about it. She admitted she didn’t feel ready. Obviously I wasn’t going to say yes anyway, as he did nothing wrong but it would not be safe.