Sharers

elkiebean

www.sendbarnsequestrian.co.uk
Just wanted to find out where people find their sharers!!

is there any good websites to advertise on or places people looking for shares advertise?
done facebook groups ect.....

hard to find good sharers....

Tess Love

Visit site
I've been a sharer for 3 years and never missed a day and do loads extra too so consider myself a good one as it were. It depends where you are but my favourite site is NFED but that only covers Hampshire and Dorset. I think finding a good sharer is actually pure luck in reality. All I'd say is make your advert friendly I read so many that would put me off applying if I was looking.

elkiebean

www.sendbarnsequestrian.co.uk
thanks!!

Had a couple brill sharers, one has just taken my mare on loan :)
just finding it hard atm to find someone thats capable of schooling not just riding round and round the school. My mares jumping whet very downhill after i had one person on her so maybe im just being to picky now!?

I will have a look at my ad :) thanks again!

SallyBatty

Visit site
Try local tack shops, local equestrian forums, local Facebook equestrian groups, Friday-Ad, Gumtree.

Found my sharer 6 years ago from an advert I put on my local forum and she is still with me through 2 yard moves and 2 pregnancies (hers). However, she prefers to hack and does no real schooling which suits me. I think it is more difficult to find a sharer who will school a horse to a certain standard which appears to be what you are after. It certainly took 3/4 attempts with gaps in between to find a sharer for my daughter's horse for this reason.

friesian76

Visit site
Mine found me through Preloved. I'm very lucky with her. She's been with me 4 years and is trustworthy and reliable. My horse can be quite difficult and he likes her he is very picky regarding people preferring to take a chunk out of them if they don't meet his exacting standards. ☺

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Just wanted to find out where people find their sharers!!

is there any good websites to advertise on or places people looking for shares advertise?
done facebook groups ect.....

hard to find good sharers....

Sorry to hijack - but do any of you looking let the sharer go on sponsored rides etc???

I ask because since loosing the mare of a lifetime - and her son still out of work due to tendon problems, hubby said I cannot get my own horse while still having my *motley crew*, but can get a horse for half share.

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Sorry to hijack - but do any of you looking let the sharer go on sponsored rides etc???

I ask because since loosing the mare of a lifetime - and her son still out of work due to tendon problems, hubby said I cannot get my own horse while still having my *motley crew*, but can get a horse for half share.

If I found a good sharer I would have no problem with her/him going on sponsored rides/farm rides as long as they were capable. I work shifts so wouldn't want my horse to miss out just because I was working if everyone else was going :)

Having said that, I've had no luck finding a sharer so I gave up and just carried on - the winter is nearly done (hopefully!) and I still managed to ride 5/6 days a week most weeks.