Shares?

HayleyUK

Visit site
Are these impossible to come by now?

Tried my local tack shop, horsemart and another website but nothing local or suitable.. Everything is sales or full loans
frown.gif

Is it just me or are they rare finds! I see loads of posts on here about people who share! Maybe its a northern clique thing?

H xx

Tempi

Visit site
i have a sharer for my mare, however it was someone i knew before. Shes never actually been advertised. I personally would only want someone i know or someone who is recommended to me for a sharer as you never know who you are going to get these days!!

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
I have a woman who is a friend of someone on the yard who hacks Murphy out about once a fortnight. I wouldn't want anyone I didn't know on him and I don't let her hack out alone. It's difficult these days, I "shared" lots of horses as a youngster.

HayleyUK

Visit site
Yeah, I know what you mean!

I couldn't face my mare going out on loan to someone in case they spoiled her for me so she had to be sold
frown.gif
Broke my heart!

annaellie

Visit site
agree I shared my mare last year she was up for sale but girl asked could she part loan her she looked after her great but took the mare out on a 3 hr hack now that might seem nothing but the reson the mare was up for sale and i agreed to part loan her is I had to much on with mare and foal a young naughty horse and work so I was riding her only little bits, she had no shoes due to this. I came down one day the horse was tied up and could not move, I called the vet and vet asdvised the amount of bruising on her feet would be consistent with heavy work on stoney ground, later found out that she galloped nearly 3 hrs and a lot of it was stoney, the girl never came back or even called to ask how she was, so When i get my new horse I would not consider loaning out.

HayleyUK

Visit site
God thats awful!!!
Some people are just monsters!! Poor pony!

I don't blame you. I bet you were livid!!
Not even calling to see how the horse was
frown.gif

annaellie

Visit site
I know, i was suprised as she looked after her fab untill this incident and she come down the day i found the mare and asked if anything had happened and was resonable imo ie did she bolt or anything, the mare carried my 4 yr old so never did but there not robots. the girl went home never to be seen again. But there is good people out there who do look after them properly and dont do a runner when things go wrong i just wont test if they are good again.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
I've always had people that I know to share Finni.

Advertised once and got a total idiot girl who could hardly ride, come to try him. Her mother was terribly pushy, insisting that she'd have lessons. Just had to explain that he'd be too much for her and I found someone else.

Also have found it hard to get people to pay a realistic amount towards upkeep, when advertising.

shadowboy

Visit site
I have a horse i want to share, and am stuggling to share it! i thinks its because i want someone who can ride- not saying you cant etc, but i need someone who could ride a novice test etc. The amount of calls i have had from "rusty" riders who have come back into riding in the last couple of months and need something to improve their riding on is unbelieveable especially when it says in his advert experienced riders only. I hope you find something though as its such a joy having a horse to care for!