shaving suppliers?

dizzydolly

Visit site
Hi, just wondering if anybody knows of anywhere to order shavings from, that would deliver, I could order approx 100 as a minimum if needed, and their prices?

I am using Bedmax at the moment, but apparently the little shavings are quite good in beds? Paying £5.50 a bale, is this about the cheapest it goes?

I would like to order 100's at a time to get a good discount, but can't pay for loads in one go! Any info/names of nationwide companies would be great, thank you!
smile.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
We have probs finding a reliable supplier- we get them of John Johnston atm but theyre no cheaper than that, prob more.

dizzydolly

Visit site
Yeah, i thought he was abit more expensive. Its a pain! If you buy about 800 bales from one company, the price comes down to about £3.20 - £4, but thats approx £3000 i dont have in one go, unfortunately!

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Cant remember the name of the bedding ive been getting lately (I mix the shavings with paper). Think it may be Brites Equine Event Bedding? £3.40 a bale plus VAT, they are based in Wrexham. You probs need about 10 pallets(18 bales a pallet) to pay that price (we share a load locally), they are exactly the same as Bedmax.

seabiscuit

Visit site
If you can really be arsed you can get a paper shredding machine and shred old newspapers yourself for the bedding. You can pick old papers up from anywhere in bulk for free I.E a waste dump. Takes about 15 mins to shred enough paper for approx one bale of paper.Its much cleaner and more absorbent too.

mrussell

Visit site
Not sure if you would be interested in finely minced carboard. £2.85 plus vat (incl UK delivery) per bale. Dust free. Rots down so farmers will have it to spread on fields. Warm clean and doesnt blow everywhere. PM if you would like my suppliers number.