She has arrived....

Halfpass

Visit site
picked my new horse up yesterday. What a day. They knew what time I was coming and they said that they would have her in, clean and ready when I got there. She was in but still covered in mud!! Then they had trouble finding her passport which eventually was found and is the right one!! She then wouldn't load. I wasn't suprised as she had only ever travelled as a herd so going into a strange trailer on her own must have been very stressfull. They tried all the tricks, patience, lunge lines, pushing and pulling I found it all quite stressfull as I felt like I had no say on what was done. I eventually suggested sedating her as I didn't want her to get too stressed with it all and I could see this happening. They showed me the amount they were giving her which was the same as I would give a small horse for clipping. She seemed to over react to it and went down and started snoring!!!! it took 1/2 and hour for it to slightly wear off and 5 people to get her standing
shocked.gif
She eventually went hin following another horse with one person at each leg moving them for her. We set off when she was nearly back to normal and made out way home. She travelled well and didn't sweat up at all and unloaded like a drean after we had prepared ourselves for her exploding out. She has never been tied up / brushed and has now done both with no complaints so far. Turned her out on her own for a couple of hours this morning and she was calm as anything time will tell if this continues. Please have a look at the pictures posted in the photo gallery any opinions on condition and conformation much appreciated.
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
i love the piccies, shes gorgeous. youve got plenty of time to practice loading her and getting her used to everything. im sure shes going to turn out really well
smile.gif