She held on for exactly one year!

Penniless

Visit site
My youngest maiden TB mare finally gave birth at lunchtime today to a very long legged filly by Doyen. Both mum and daughter are well although mum is exhausted after carrying the foal for 365 days exactly.

S_N

Visit site
LOL! Bless her! We've had one go over 365 and a couple get close. We had one of our foster mares foal today and we also had a Galileo out of a Group of producing mare, from the family of Alexandrova and Magical Romance - just with it were mine......

appyjude

Visit site
hehehe, just goes to show - you can estimate all you like, but they will decide when it is really time!
laugh.gif
Maiden QH mare gave birth to very healthy colt at 399 days in October last year........and we thought she was just grass fat!
shocked.gif
blush.gif

squiff

Visit site
We had TB last year, not a maiden and went 13 months exactly! We just left her alone and she did it in her own time. He did come aout a bit fluffy and over cooked tho. Was small, so that's why she didn't have him early - needed to grow still!

christine48

Visit site
Mine was born yesterday exactly 11 month to the day post covering. She has done this for the past 3 foalings which does make things easier.

Penniless

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
WoW!!! congrats on the new arrival, any pic's for us
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Hope to put one on tomorrow as left the camera out in the yard so can't put them onto PC tonight. She is fine, vet out today to take bloods and got the okay to turn her out for half hour. Thank goodness for bloods being taken though, results back tonight show a very low level and she will have a plasma transfusion tomorrow. She is a very friendly filly and got the seal of approval from our stud vet today.