She may look like a big brown cow.....

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
.....But my horse is fantastic!! Missy has well and truly excelled herself and has shot up in my estimations
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
*warning, it's going to be a long one
tongue.gif
When I went to try her out she was overweight, unfit, felt rubbish to ride because she hadn't been schooled too well and was generally a mess but she could jump which was why I brought her. I Spent the first month or so after I got her home hacking her out to try and get her fitter and do a teeny bit of schooling but at the beginning of June, thanks to the fantastic instructors over at Warwickshire college The last shred of self confidence I had had gone along with my desire to ride so both girls had almost 2 months off. I sat on missy for the first time last monday and it felt like riding an ironing board, after 2 weeks of schooling out on hacks and 2 sessions in the school (the second one today), she now works in an outline, she's so supple and bends beautifully, moves off my leg, carries herself (most of the time
tongue.gif
) and she hasn't had a canter with somebody on her back since she was vetted (back in May) so I thought I'd have a go in the school today and I was dreading what it would be like seeing as the last time I cantered her it was like riding a donkey with it's nose stuck out! She falt amazing!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
I have never sat on anything so comfy in my life, everything seems to move underneath you and you can just sit and enjoy
grin.gif
We still have trouble with getting left cater (she put her neck out a while ago and even though it was put back over a year ago she still struggles with striking off on the left leg, but will strike off on the right leg and do a perfect flying change onto the left lead
tongue.gif
I'm just shocked at how quickly she's improved and how willing she is to work for you and she works so hard, I do love my pony
grin.gif

It makes me smile to think that just over 2 months ago one of my instructors couldn't tell me enough how bad she thought every aspect of my riding was, yet Missy is doing so well so I surely can't be THAT bad
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Sorry, a highly pointless post but I'm so happy with my little girl I had to share
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Kat
-x-

ruscara

Visit site
That was lovely to read. You have both gelled so well, and it sounds as if your confidence has had a great boost. Onward and upward as they say. Brilliant!
smile.gif