Sheepskin Half Pads

vicm2509

Visit site
I quite like the look of the sheepskin half pads and was thinking of getting one for Baron for xmas.

My first question is are they chavy? Im not usually into all the lastest fashion accesories but I just think they look really smart and comfy for B.

Second question is what colour saddle cloth looks best underneath them? Ive been looking at the pads with the natural colour sheepskin. He usually wears a black saddle cloth with white trim thing or a cream one with a brown trim. Also will it look silly over a white saddle cloth for dressage?

So opinions please??? And if anyone has a picture of their neddy wearing one id appreciate a pic so I can see what looks best underneath them.

Thanks
smile.gif

samp

Visit site
I think they are good if your horse has lost condtion. I'd go to match my horse so brown and natural colour fur

miamibear

Visit site
I think they look nice - but you must be aware that they will alter the fit of your saddle - make it tighter so dont do it without advice from your saddler.

My saddle is a little wide at the moment and im using one but when it gets reflocked soon i will be chucking it off because i wont need it

albert

Visit site
they are really designed to be used with a treeless saddle, they may make a treed saddle to tight and you may get pressure point where the pad ends

Sal_E

Visit site
I like them but currently don't use mine for saddle fitting reasons. Do be careful to get one large enough so that the saddle finishes before the sheepskin rolls over, if you know what I mean - otherwise it can create a pressure point. When I use mine, I use a white one with a white saddlecloth underneath.

Tempi

Visit site
i have one, and im not chavy, altho i think im a bit of a dressage diva!!!!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

ive got a white one with white fur trim and i wear it over a black numnah for every day use and a white one for competing BD
smile.gif
I only use it on my dressage saddle tho, and its actually partly because my saddle is a bit wide for Archie so it lifts it up a bit until he starts muscling up more.

Nic

Visit site
D wears one under his single panel XC saddle as it was the only thing with a strap that would fit it (before Nuumed brouught out the CC one).

vicm2509

Visit site
I never thought of it altering the fit of the saddle
blush.gif
I was just thinking it would make it more comfy for Baron as reading descriptions of them it says they eliminate pressure points, and seeing so many of the top riders use them I thought they were a good thing.

Baron has a wintec 500 which fits him well, he is a very 'spiney' so I just thought the pad would eliminate any pressure on his back and absorb any shock.

KatB

Visit site
Ive got a comfort zone pro pad that looks all furry, but is thin so doesnt distort the fit of my saddle, and IMO looks fab! Pony likes it too cos it's made of the hexagonal type material, and so doesnt have any pressure points, and moves with him! Was best option for me who wanted the looks, but didnt want to make saddle too tight!
smile.gif
I got it from www.comfortzoneequestrian.co.uk go to airflex then the pro pads.....

vicm2509

Visit site
Ooo, I really like that one. It looks really nice anf fluffy aswell. Thats the type I was after...one without the wooly stuff underneath.

HBII

Visit site
I have a black one and when/if I go doing dressage I will use it with a thin saddle cloth/square. I understand that different thicknesses of pad affect the fit of the saddle but as I am using a big thick poly pad at the moment, I think it will be alright - however I will get it checked by my YO.

Hb

[Gosh I think that sorts out any potential claims of horse abuse]

MillionDollar

Visit site
That is just what im looking for! Thanks!

Do you know if you order a black one that the wool is still white??
It probably is but just want to check as i know you can get ones with black wool, someone i know has even got pink!
grin.gif

Rambo

Visit site
They're only chavvy if you use them for cosmetic reasons
tongue.gif
If you need one to make your horse comfortable under saddle then NO they are not chavvy
wink.gif

Boysy

Visit site
Can i just point out that they are not designed to be used under a treeless saddle as UncleAlbert has stated.....

Treeless saddles have their own designed underlay pads with shock absorbing foam along the panels but nothing in the centre seam so as to lift the saddle from the horses spine.

A halfpad like the ones you are talking about usually has a centre seam and so to use under a treeless will cause friction along the spine where it touches.