Shelford Report

sw123

Visit site
Was very worried my midweek day off work was going to be the only day of the week where it rained so a beautiful, if windy, day at Shelford was perfect. Dad was commentating and brother course building so actually quite a family day out. Em was riding 4 in the PN so a busy day but Spider was very civilised not starting until 1.30.

Got driven round the XC by brother (now that is the way to walk the course - Em came too!!) and thought it looked really lovely, they'd completely changed the PN since earlier this year. Nothing very difficult and the ground was very quick but confident it wouldnt cause any problems. Novice looked v nice too and the novice SJ looked tiny - i was very jealous!!

Spider warmed up well for his dressage test and Em went over at her time to find absolutely no judges - they obviously had a very good lunch. Judge then appeared and drove into the middle of the warm up area to ask if Em was ready (!) we thought she was going to judge her in the collecting ring..... I didnt think his test was as good as usual as although relaxed it just didnt look as flowing. Got 33 though with some good comments and quite a few 8's.

Onto the SJ and due to the banter of a few rather loud professionals riders in the collecting ring there was a huge atmopshere!! I led Spider down and Em jumped another one first. Spider thought it was v exciting. The SJ was quite decent when compared to what they'd done for the novice but in his lit up mood Spider absolutely pinged round, the best round i've seen him jump its so exciting that he's improving every time. Good old Em manged 4/4 clear rounds.

Onto the XC and Gino went first clear and looked fab but came home with 13 time faults for going too fast (!!). Cue many sarcastic comments about breaking the land speed record on a horse coming across from the commentry. He looked to be cantering on but certainly wasnt out of rhythm or going really fast. Spider next. He looked fab didnt make anything of it and again went clear. Imagine how mortified we were when he got 15 time faults for going to fast. He was hardly blowing at the end and really did look like he'd just cantered round in his rhythm jumping out hof his stride!!!!!!! Em's other 2 also went round clear and dead on time although she said she felt like she was going snails pace.

Spider still finished 9th (would have been 3rd) despite the time faults and looked fabulous so not too disappointed. The course must have been wheeled very wide with a slow time although those two were the only 2 to go too fast all day!!!!!! She got asked to go to the commentry box to comment on her speeding record and her comment was "bl**dy ridiculous" so they just kept teasing her asking if they were both on a treadmill on the lorry still cooling down!! 4/4 double clears and 2 rosettes for the slow coaches, could have been 4 but never mind. I dont think it does them any harm to run quickly every now and then. All fit and well this morning.

Burghley next!!!!!!!

No pics uploaded yet (or maybe she went too fast past the camera!)

connie1288

Visit site
Well done, I watched Emily showjump some but not sure if they were Spider!! I always find PN time v hard to judge!
The noivce sj may have looked small but not many clears!

KatB

Visit site
Haha! Saw Emily go in on Spider for the dressage, he is a big lad!! Good result, Spider is obviously just practising for Novice speed
wink.gif
tongue.gif

sw123

Visit site
Thats what I told her!!! He is big i just delivered a 7'0 fly rug (i dont want a horse that owns 7'0 rugs!!!)

Lolo

Visit site
We've done too fast- on a 14.2hh pony who didn't even come out of a strong canter! We though it was a slowtime,but no one else got tf, and loads were miles out! 4/4 double clear- she must be proud, and completely knackered!