She's back - Sarnie's first comp for 18 months

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Sarnie has done very work, leave alone competing since May 2011 when she fell in the 3* at Houghton possibly fracturing her sternum! She was just back in full work from this when I broke my hip, then she had the keratoma which resulted in 9 months off and she started work again in September. Even that has not been without setbacks as she became very stiff behind and needed her hocks and sacroiliac medicated as well as having foot problems following ripping a shoe off.

Anyway she has been a bit dull at home so decided it was time to get her out partying. Our local venue had an Express eventing type class which seemed ideal to start. I must admit whilst telling her about the fun jumping I kept the fact that she would have to a dressage test to myself :eek: She certainly didn't look impressed when the dressage saddle was produced :rolleyes:

Well what can I say dressage at any level has never been a source of joy for Sarnie ;) A simple test (BE106) allowed time for the odd lapse in concentration, spook and some skips in the canter. Judge marked it very fairly with some 8s although a few more 4s :( to score 35.

[youtube]kxfAhBGUeq0[/youtube]

Well onto the fun bit which was just up her street, cause caused carnage in earlier classes although the more experienced horses coped well. Lots of turns, skinnies and actually a lot of fences in the school. She certainly enjoyed this, pretty much ignored most of my instructions except directional :eek: and jumped a nice round. Sadly clipped the last fence but our dressage had rather put us out of contention anyway!

[youtube]PDWEFt2sF8M[/youtube]

Great to have her out again. Currently just planning some more fun competitions for her keeping things well within her comfort zone. If all goes to plan we may take her to Bicton at the end of April for the Open Novice.

Nicnac

Visit site
Someone's enjoying herself! Glad she's ok - remember the photos of the keratoma which was an eye opener for me -never seen one before.

No idea how you remembered that course - looks horrendous. Normal eventing will be walk in the park after that!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Someone's enjoying herself! Glad she's ok - remember the photos of the keratoma which was an eye opener for me -never seen one before.

No idea how you remembered that course - looks horrendous. Normal eventing will be walk in the park after that!

I watched the previous class intently particularly after loosing a place in a BS class a few weeks previously when I forgot the course!

Molasses

Visit site
great news, been following her progress on fb:eek:
enjoyed her personality filled back-at-yah test :D
you must be delighted:D