Shetland pony attacked by dogs!!

rascal

Visit site
A Shetland pony was attacked at Christmas in Burntwood, Staffordshie. The pony was not far from where we keep our own horses. Irresponsible dog owners, should have a lifetime ban on keeping dogs, as well as being locked up. But i suppose they will getaway with it, no justice in this pathetic country!

RIP Little one.

It is on h&h thats where i read it.

Last edited:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
The dog owner should be held to account so I hope that someone knows who that is. We caught a dog recently in our sheep field, it had got tangled up in the fencing and the owner was not far away, while the sheep were at the opposite end of the field. Fortunately no harm came to either sheep or dog on that occasion but it did give me the opportunity to read the riot act to the useless owner and remind her that dogs in sheep fields are liable to be shot. Dogs found worrying any livestock are also liablke to be shot, the local rural policing team will speak to the owner if you know who that is.

pennyturner

Visit site
So very sad. We take a good deal of trouble training our ponies to see their natural predators (dogs) as harmless and friendly. A wary horse would beat a dog in a fair fight, but this poor pony probably saw no threat until the attack came. I know mine wouldn't.

rascal

Visit site
So very sad. We take a good deal of trouble training our ponies to see their natural predators (dogs) as harmless and friendly. A wary horse would beat a dog in a fair fight, but this poor pony probably saw no threat until the attack came. I know mine wouldn't.

Our horses would not see dogs as a threat either, in fact the field owner dogs sometimes get in with them.
It was very sad about the Alpacas, drives me mad when people have dogs they will not keep under control.
I hope the dog has not been in the sheep field again.