Shetland Pony Stabbed To Death

Visit site
Just outside of Edinbugh this morning a Shetland Pony was found stabbed to death. The pony was found at 10am still warm and oozing blood so it can only have happened in the few hours before.

The pony was stabbed 7 times on his flanks on one side - the side facing the sky. There are no reports yet if there were stab wounds on the other side against the ground given before the pony keeled over.

This poor pony would have died a slow and painful death from blood loss.

As yet the perpetrator has not been found but the police are looking hard. If someone could do this to an innocent animal who knows what they would do to a human!

When they catch this person the maximum jail sentence in this country for killing an animal in cold blood is 5 years. More often than not they perpetrators are given a short sentence and a fine. No doubt who ever did this will plead mental health issues and get away scot free like most do these days.

RIP wee Pepper x

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Equi

Visit site
Just beggars belief doesn't it. I can't imagine anything like this happening to my lot.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
What on earth is wrong with the world these days. I just can't comprehend the sort of sick mind that can do such a thing. My heart goes out to the poor owners and the pony.

J&S

Visit site
How very horrible. I hope this is not just the beginning of a series. There was a very bad spate of stabbings in the New Forest when I lived there, all sorts of rumours re who/how/why and I don't think any conclusion was ever come to.

Chappie

Visit site
Poor poor wee innocent pony!
I'm just back home from hand grazing my boy and the two Shetlands from the yard were other side of the fence being so funny and cheeky and adorable.
Every so often I see reports like this in the media and it chills me to the bone that there are literally devils walking around out there that could do such a thing :(