Shetland Pony Stabbed To Death

wills_91

Visit site
I didn't read the report. Poor pony, and the owners.

Hope the sentence is a good one. If you can do that to a defenceless animal, what next?

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
How horrific.

I really do feel that animal mutilation, torture, killing, etc. Needs to be taken seriously. I also think it really needs to be taken seriously from the perspective that many human killers (killers of humans, serial killers) begin with animals. It's a flagrant sign of lack of compassion and care of a living thing. Nothing to be dismissive about.

MiniMilton

Visit site
When people do these things to animals, really they are just practicing what they plan to do to humans next. Absolute serial killer in the making and hopefully he never gets the opportunity to inflict pain on another animal or person. What devastation for the owners and carers of Pepper.

scotlass

Visit site
Unfortunately, throwing the book at him isn't going to happen. He's 15. Update from the local paper:

The teenager - who cannot be named for legal reasons - was arrested on Monday and was scheduled to appear at Livingston Sheriff Court today.

However, the Crown Office confirmed he will no longer be prosecuted in court.
A spokesperson said: "The procurator fiscal at Livingston received a report concerning a 15 year old in connection with an alleged offence on 8 June 2020.

After consideration of the facts and circumstances, Crown Counsel instructed that the case be referred to the Children’s Reporter.”

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
I would suggest that the person that committed the crime, his parents and siblings are all sterilised to prevent them from breading any more evil creatures like him. Hopefully at the very least he will remain in an institution for the rest of his life where he can not do any more harm to any animals or humans.

Pointless1

Visit site
He will get a slap on the wrist. Then in a couple of years he will be arrested for some thing else. Animal torture is a pre cursor for other nasty crimes.

Visit site
And so the vile little wretch gets away scot free! Free to do the same thing over again!

It makes you wonder how many smaller animals he has killed before working up to a pony.

No doubt there will be the cries of mental health and shortcomings in his home life. But NONE of that justifies what he did. He is clearly a sick, twisted individual who needs locked away for a very long time.

scotlass

Visit site
And so the vile little wretch gets away scot free! Free to do the same thing over again!

It makes you wonder how many smaller animals he has killed before working up to a pony.

No doubt there will be the cries of mental health and shortcomings in his home life. But NONE of that justifies what he did. He is clearly a sick, twisted individual who needs locked away for a very long time.

As soon as I saw it had been re-referred to the Children's Panel, that was my reaction too. A few meetings with a social / case worker and a xbox is probably what can be expected here. Likely it did begin with squirrels, rabbits etc, and as it appears little is going to be done now over this, how long before he progresses to a child or some kid in his school he's got a grudge against.

SashaBabe

Visit site
Many years ago, when my youngest son was about 12 years old, he was "branded" on the neck by a fellow pupil on the school bus. The burn was horrendous. I reported the matter to the police and they called out to our house to take a statement and said they would visit the offender's parents. When they returned a couple of hours later, I was astounded when they said they felt sorry for the other boy as he came from a broken home and was living with his grandparents, who were finding it hard to cope. The boy's "punishment" was three days suspension from school. Several months later, he went a bit further and shoved his penis into another boy's mouth, again while on the school bus. His punishment - suspension from school. He eventually ended up in borstal. Goodness knows what he is up to now.