Shetland size Fly Rugs

DizzyDoughnut

Visit site
While I'm sitting here looking out of the window at gale-force winds and torrential rain, I'm optimistically planning for summer.

I have a rather old shetland who has developed a tumour on her lady parts (don't know if using the correct word would get me told off). It's being treated by the vet and doesn't seem to bother her but I'm obviously going to need to try to keep the flys off it in summer.
Does anyone have any recommendations for shetland size fly rugs that have a generous tail flap? I've been looking at the Horseware Amigo Petite Bug Rug has anyone used one of these? it looks like quite a nice fit. Also all the rugs I can find in her size come with the neck attached, would I be able to cut the neck off? She's worn a rug about 3 times in the last 17 years and she's not particularly keen to wear one, so I'd rather not make her wear a full neck one if I don't have to.

Visit site
Depends what size the Shetland is. My big lad wears a Derby House rug as the neck holes on Amigo's are too small. He is a proper full up chunky Shetland.

DizzyDoughnut

Visit site
Ohh the Dinky one looks good, I think it may well end being ripped as she does like rummaging around in the hedges and having a good itch on the trees.

DizzyDoughnut

Visit site
Depends what size the Shetland is. My big lad wears a Derby House rug as the neck holes on Amigo's are too small. He is a proper full up chunky Shetland.

She's a mini but she's chunky and is quite wide round her neck and shoulders so maybe the amigo wouldn't be a good idea

Aww Pepsi looks gorgeous, what make is that rug?