Shetlands

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Is it possible to get a county standard Shetland for less then a £1000? I did not realise it would be so difficult, I have checked out most websites & the Shetland society. Someone I know is going to see a 6yr old gelding for 1300. Now I know I have lost touch because I thought this was far too high a price. If the pony has an accident, scars himself, what is she going to do with him? Or am I being too harsh? If it was a mare at least she would have a breeding option. If he was less money then I would think the gamble is fine, but 1300 for a Shetland gelding??

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Lol, it's hard to get a shetland that ISNT county standard for less than a grand! I know, I'm looking! And i only want a bog standard one for my kids.
If you're not going to want it for riding etc, I would suggest getting info on studs and breeders and seeking out a youngster. At least then you pay less, even if you have to put more work in.

debonhorse

Visit site
My shetland is on loan from Zennor Shetland stud in Cornwall (on the list from Sojeph) Marion is great, and she has some gorgeous ponies, for a lot less than 1000