Shire horse owner

Gru14

New User
Visit site
Hi all

A quick hello from me. I’ve joined mostly because I’m desperately looking for a new yard that can accommodate my shire in East Sussex/Kent, but thought it’d be rude to start a thread without introducing myself first!

So, hello! I’m a heavy horse fan (obviously) who just loves being around horses and bimbling out on hacks on my mare. :)

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

I love a heavy horse. I have a Suffolk and we have two Clydesdales and a Shire on our yard too (along with a lot of normal horses).

I'm afraid I'm at the other end of the country so can't help with your yard search but best of luck.

Gru14

New User
Visit site
Thanks all! Nice to connect !
Yes having a horse the size of a house does make finding somewhere much more tricky sadly and we’re fast running out of time. Would be great if I press a button on her to reduce her to Shetland size for stabling purposes..

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Not ideal I know but I had an 18.3hh warmblood in a 13x13 for a while when I was up sh!t creek and as long as they're not tended towards rolling in the box and they have ample turnout, its doable in a pinch.

That being said, I scrolled past this earlier today

1716317109598.png

and this on the East Sussex Grazing/Livery page - would recommend joining if you're not on there already, that and the livery in the south east page

1716317071084.png

abbijay

Visit site
Hi @Gru14!
I'm sorry but there are rules on this forum and that means you can't post about your horse without posting a picture ;)
I have a few contacts on FB in the SE but I'm afraid it's a long way from my patch.
I've just had to move yards (it closed) and I've lost my beautiful 14x14 stable. We're now in a 12x14 and he's ok but it's amazing the difference 2 feet makes! I know plenty of heavy horse people who use 12x12 stables for theirs but it depends on if yours is big or one of the increasingly commonly bred giant. I have an 18.1 and a 17.1 and they have both done camp in 12x12s and been fine but if they're stabled a lot in the winter it's not ideal .
Good luck with your search (and don't forget that picture!!!!) x