Shires Huntingdon jackets

chestnuttyy

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone had one... Do the sizes come up big or small? Are they any good?

Really like the look of them :)

Jesstickle

Visit site
I have one and I do like it. It isn't thick, hairy tweed so not perfect in winter but smart in the summer. I think mine is a lot bigger than my Caldene in the same size. Don't know if my hunt coat (the Caldene) is small or the Shires one is big though!

HaffiesRock

Visit site
I have one. A maids size 14 as I am small with short arms. It is still a little big though and I am an adult size 10.

chestnuttyy

Visit site
I have one and I do like it. It isn't thick, hairy tweed so not perfect in winter but smart in the summer. I think mine is a lot bigger than my Caldene in the same size. Don't know if my hunt coat (the Caldene) is small or the Shires one is big though!

Fab :) I really like them. I've been searching online and it looks like they do come up a bit big

AmieeT

Visit site
They quite on the larger side!

Mine is a 14 that my Mum took in a bit (I got a size up thinking it would need to be looser lol). Tried on the wrong size in the shop, and it was an 8- even got the buttons done up. Just too short.

And I am definitely no size 8!

Ax

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I've got one and I thought it came up a bit small actually! It might be because it is so tailored and shaped; I have quite a big bust compared to the rest of my body so I find it a little more snug across the chest than my old Harry Hall tweed. It fits nicely around the waist and sleeves are a good length. I tried the bigger size (size 10 equivalent) and found it huge around the waist, it lost the smart, tailored look I wanted. I do love it though, it feels like quite heavy material but it isn't heavy to ride in. V smart too, IMHO!

khalswitz

Visit site
I love mine - it's heavier than my Caldene was and not so flatteringly cut but still very smart (and half the price!). I went for a 38 as my Caldene was a 36 and straining over the bust (I did buy the Caldene at 18 so I keep telling myself I'm not that fat ;) ) but the 38 Shires is pretty roomy. Only complaint being that the arms were a fraction short for me, but I have long arms and long legs so that's pretty common for me.

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
I have one! I got it off Barnstormers I think it was called! Online!! Was the cheapest I could find!! But went to Oakfield saddlery the other day and they had them in the sale for about £60 I think.

MileAMinute

Visit site
Another who loves it! Got the blue tweed version and have worn it on baking summer days and it's not been too overwhelming. I'd also say they are roomy :)