Shires Huntingdon tweed jacket - purple check

DorothyJ

Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy a Shires Huntingdon tweed jacket but can't decide on which colour to go for. From looking online I quite fancy the purple check but haven't seen it in the flesh.

Does anyone have one or has seen one and can tell me what they think please? I am keen to have something slightly different but still smart and acceptable for BE lower levels. I'd want to wear it with a blue hat and stock but I'm not sure what the base colour is (some online photos make it look green, others more grey) so whether blue would go.

Many thanks :)

DorothyJ

Visit site
Has anyone seen the Shires Huntingdon tweed jacket in purple check? any comments gratefully received before I think about ordering one online.

Thank you!

HowenEdward

Visit site
I have a Shires Huntingdon green herringbone, but not the purple over check and I actually love it! It is so fitted and gets complimented by everyone :)

My friend does have the purple check one and it looks equally good, really unique and up to date but less traditional. She loves hers. The silk lining and double vented back is really good, it allows for more movement.

The Shires Malvern tweed jackets are also stunning and really lovely too, slightly cheaper but no less quality.

I wear mine showing and the first thing the judge always says is-
"Oh thats a gorgeous jacket, where is it from" rather than complimenting the little brown thing!!

Hope this helps a bit :) Good luck jacket searching!!

SophieLouBee

Visit site
I just bought a second hand green herringbone, i don't have a tweed and quite fancied one, just because (Must stop buying things!). It's super flattering and fitted, the purple check looks really nice, but bit too loud for me I think.

Last edited:

Jesstickle

Visit site
I don't have a purple check one but I do have the green check one and I love it :) Think it cost me about £30 on ebay but people are very complimentary about it and it fits really well.

After the weekend I am after a Pikeur one though. I actually did that weirdo thing of walking up to someone and asking what their jacket was I liked it so much :eek:

Clueless

Visit site
Hi, I noticed that fasttackdirect had it for £66 as a vip customer... seemed like a very good price, just in case you hadnt spotted it. And free delivery.

Im a mean shopper.....