Shires Velocity Bridle

peanutsmumma

Visit site
Has anyone got the Shires Velocity bridle?
Does this look ok? This is Cob size.
Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20230208_165043491_copy_1536x2040.jpg
    PXL_20230208_165043491_copy_1536x2040.jpg
    909 KB · Views: 123
  • PXL_20230208_165053048_copy_1536x2040.jpg
    PXL_20230208_165053048_copy_1536x2040.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 122

Widgeon

Visit site
I have one, I'm pretty sure mine is Cob size and it's on a 15.1 cob who usually takes a size Full. So I'd say they are fairly generous. They are nice bridles though, if you decide to buy Pony size and sell this one it should be fairly easy to find a buyer.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
The buckles are to high on the face they need to be lower at eye level or just above, when they sit that high it can cause pressure on the facial nerve which that bridle is designed to avoid, so using it like that is completely defeating the object of it.

AFB

Visit site
I'd also say too big - I like my buckles to be around the middle hole so I have movement either way

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I bought a Horsemanship saddlery bridle that is similar. The pieces are ordered separately. The Shires although nice was the wrong proportion in any size.
If the pony size is better but not quite right you can mix and match and still be able to sell the pieces separately as I’m sure other people will have had similar problems.

cjwchez

Visit site
Well the pony size has come and it's way to small 😭
Struggling to find a nice anatomical Bridle for my boy!

I've just bought the Shires Velocita Bridle last week!
I actually love it for my cob.

I was having issues as his head seems to be somewhere in between cob/pony - so I had to mix and match 2 bridles together, with a cob headpiece, pony browband, cob noseband and pony cheek pieces!

However, I got the shires velocita bridle in Cob (I was convinced it was going to be far too big) but I love it!

My boys noseband with this bridle is also on the top hole, however I can not use a pony size noseband on him as they don't fit far enough around his face to fasten.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I've just bought the Shires Velocita Bridle last week!
I actually love it for my cob.

I was having issues as his head seems to be somewhere in between cob/pony - so I had to mix and match 2 bridles together, with a cob headpiece, pony browband, cob noseband and pony cheek pieces!

However, I got the shires velocita bridle in Cob (I was convinced it was going to be far too big) but I love it!

My boys noseband with this bridle is also on the top hole, however I can not use a pony size noseband on him as they don't fit far enough around his face to fasten.

A friend has the full size grakle which fits the horse everywhere except round the nose. If she has an X full it is too long in the cheeks and fits the nose but the full fits the cheeks but leaves a buckle on his lip

cjwchez

Visit site
A friend has the full size grakle which fits the horse everywhere except round the nose. If she has an X full it is too long in the cheeks and fits the nose but the full fits the cheeks but leaves a buckle on his lip

its really hard work! there needs to be a size in between sizes🤣