Shires Wellies

GinaB

Visit site
Was thinking about buying a pair of these, as I found them for a good price on the net and they'd be v.handy for out walking dogs etc. Does anyone have a pair and how good a fit or they? Especially around the calf? Are they very baggy? (I have skinny little pins!) No one near me sells them hence not being able to go just try a pair on.

Or can anyone recommend a good, not too expensive pair that tend to be a bit smaller around the calf? Thankies!

flyingfeet

Visit site
Despite having a size 38 brand new pair to get rid of, I don't like the Shires wellies at all! They were short and weird as I remember.

Howver Toggi do a ladies welly (Lady Wanderer) which is neoprene lined and tighter fit on the calf than a hunter welly. Should retail between £30-40

K9Wendy

Visit site
To be honest, the Shires wellies don't seem to last very long. I bought a pair for my daughter last year and within 3 months they were cracked and split in 3 places on each boot. I know a few other kids in PC who all said the same!! They were £20 so I think I would rather put that money into a decent pair!