Shivering

nikanita

Visit site
Following on the post of to rug or not to rug. I decided to take the option of not rug. Megs a welsh cob and still has some of her winter coat. Went down to feed Meg tonight and poor thing was shivering. I felt really bad, should have gone down earlier and rugged her up. Took her in, dried her off and have turned her out again complete with light weight rug. Won't do that again!!!!

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Good for you ,its alot of rubbish just letting them suffer,they are kept as athletes not for food and the weather is horrible.

We would all become used to it if we were left cold but do you want to?

pottamus

Visit site
Yes, my boy was out all day in the rain as I had been away all weekend with someone looking in on him. He was drenched and cold (even around the ears), so I put him in for a few hours to dry and have just turned him back out with his rain sheet on. He seemed quite happy when I left and hopefully will stay dry now.

bex1984

Visit site
All the horses at the livery yard I am at were shivering yesterday. That is, all of them except my fat native pony, and he didn't even have a rug on! At least all that blubber has a purpose!