Shock absorbing Stirrup irons

Mrs Jingle

I cannot find any of the newer style stirrup irons like the Flex on and Free jumps without those horrible grippy foot plates. Do you have any recommendation for some sort of stirrup that is shock absorbing for my ankles and knees etc. but doesn't come with either a cheese grater or protruding pin foot plate?

I have had the bow balance but they are no longer quite doing the trick for my ankles. Any others I have found that are lovely and comfortable also have that grippy thing going on that I hate. Due to physical issues I frequently shift my foot around slightly when readjusting my position to be more comfortable and I really don't want my foot rigidly stuck to the foot plate.

Any idea please?

Skib

My Sprenger - the original straight ones. I need two sizes, one for winter and one for summer boots. My RI who does RDA insisted I use them for hacking to reduce stress on my old joints.
Do not be tempted by cheaper look alike. The springs inside can rust and are not the same.

Mrs Jingle

Thank you but I have the originals and the bow balance - they no longer do the job hence my question about other makes.

Cowpony

Mrs Jingle

Thanks shooting star and cow pony - I like the look of those but didn't know I could get them without the spikes. How do you find them comfort wise?

eggs

I've been using Flex-ons for a couple of years now having swapped from my Sprengers. I have arthritis in my left knee and a broken right ankle which now has limited movement and I find the Flex-ons to be the only stirrups I can ride in and by pretty much pain free.

Cowpony

Thanks shooting star and cow pony - I like the look of those but didn't know I could get them without the spikes. How do you find them comfort wise?
I love mine! I have a reconstructed ACL and was in pain jumping and whenever I got off my horse. With the flex-ons I forget I've even injured it 😀

Mrs Jingle

I've been using Flex-ons for a couple of years now having swapped from my Sprengers. I have arthritis in my left knee and a broken right ankle which now has limited movement and I find the Flex-ons to be the only stirrups I can ride in and by pretty much pain free.
I must say I am leaning towards the Flex on Safe on ones. but my goodness the price! :oops:

eggs

I must say I am leaning towards the Flex on Safe on ones. but my goodness the price! :oops:
My trainer thought I was bonkers spending so much on a pair of stirrups. Then she rode my horse with them and promptly went out and bought a pair for herself.

there are places that let you try them before you buy. Can’t think of them off the top of my head but Google will probably find them for you.

TPO

My trainer thought I was bonkers spending so much on a pair of stirrups. Then she rode my horse with them and promptly went out and bought a pair for herself.

there are places that let you try them before you buy. Can’t think of them off the top of my head but Google will probably find them for you.
A2B equestrian does trials I'm sure, they have an online shop too.

I've never ridden in them but a friend has two pairs and swears by them